“Good Chain Restaurant Food”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2012

It's a good family restaurant. Food is good for a chain restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Peak times can be a bit noisy, however their menu items are worth it :)

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We used to love this place -- delicious food, ample portions, and kid-friendly. The only drawback was that it was always so busy and it was slow. On our most recent visit, we had a terrible experience. First we went thru a family milling around in the lobby (there are always people milling around in the lobby) and went up to the deserted hostess station to be seated. The restaurant was more than half empty but no one paid us any attention. After 10 minutes, someone said they would be right with us. I would have left by then but it was my 9 year old's birthday and her request to eat here. After 5 more minutes, someone finally came up but it was to seat the people in the lobby, with another promise to be right with us. Finally we were seated. Then there was a very long wait for service: No water, no bread, no attention. What appeared to be a teenager showed up to take drink orders. I curtly told him we were ready to order and I placed the order for the 4 of us. He kept nodding as I gave him each order and then when I finished he pulled out his order pad and attempted to write everything down and he got it wrong. I had to correct him multiple times. It took 3 times as long as if he had simply written it down in the first place. My husband never got his Caesar salad, I never got my lemonade, and my daughter wasn't offered the milk that came with the kid's meal. The Penne Rustica was delicious as usual though I suspected the portion size had shrunk. My husband enjoyed his usual Chicken Marsala. I'm going to try to remember that we should only get take-out in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have not been to Macaroni Grill in a while and decided to try it for dinner on New Years Eve. My wife and I were disappointed in the service and the food quality. I have eaten here a few times in the past few years and think it has gone way down hill. The food is very average, nothing special and the service is not very good. They prices are pretty high for what you get and it is fairly simple italian food for the most part. They do offer a good deal for happy hour in the bar area with good prices on drinks and appetizers. I would have preferred to have spent the money on dinner at Cheesecake Factory across the street.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Good bread, good selection, really tasty food, good service, and the the price is very reasonable. The portions are big, they have a full bar, and they have a pretty legit happy hour as well.