“Great Rooms, Great Value”

Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Olympia, WA
“Great Rooms, Great Value”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I just stayed there for 5 days and was pleasently suprised at the quality of the inn and the great location. Under new management, The Stone Villa Inn was very clean, the employees were very nice and welcoming, and what a great location to shops, restraunts, and the San Mateo Event Center. The rooms were roomy and more than adequate. Beds, floors, fridge, and micowave were fresh and clean. Bathrooms were spotless, but the bathroom sink counter is a bit small for even the minimal amount of lotions, makeup, ect. Yes, the noise from the street and other rooms could have been noticeable, but turn the fan on in the room to low and you can't hear anything outside the room. The management was very appreciative of any comments and concerns I expressed while checking out. Will definitely stay again and would recommend The Stone Villa Inn to anyone going down there and needing a place to stay. A Diamond in the rough!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
seattle
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Nice remodeled motel but the bed was HARD!!!!!!! I'm a business traveler with over 2,000 nights on the road and this wins the HARD!!!!!!! bed award. Might as well just sleep on the floor. Other than that, it's a nice motel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Reno, NV
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed at Stone Villa Inn and was pleasantly surprised: recently remodeled with free in room wifi, free parking, short drive to SFO, free continental breakfast, friendly staff, clean rooms, and no credit card authorization even though I booked through a third party website. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
san jose
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Okay so I decided to just have a litle romantic get away...and let me tell you, this hotel exceeded my expectations...since the moment I checked in, I was amazed by the manager's excellent service...the rooms are huge, trendy and definitely more than what you pay for. I will defenetly come back and stay, I truly enjoyed my stay there!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I am Jingyu W. I am from Chicago I had a trip to San Francisco. Well I have to say that the room is perfect, is warm and clean, it has microwave in the room, which is a big advantage. The bed is soft and comfortable. The room keeper is kind and nice. They have separate breakfast room and there are toast, doughnut, apple, banana, hot coffee, milk.etc. I had a wonderful trip there

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
san francisco
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I loved the room and the decor of this place. It also feels and smells very homely. Its a very neatly kept place and the service is very punctual. The breakfast was good too. The TV comes with HBO and other great channels. Its a convenient place on El camino real and very close to hillsdale shopping complex, the airport and SF downtown.
The owners are very cordial and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would come here again if I am in the town again.
And I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. 4 stars for less money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Califonia
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We found Stonevilla Inn on the internet. Couldn't make it for the 1:00 check in time
had a bit of a distance to drive .
So I called to say we would be a few hours late the person I spoke to was very kind and said no problem we could check in when we arrived .
When we arrived we found the room to be like the photo on the website.
It was clean ,had nice modern furniture , free WiFi , fridge ,microwave, T.V.,
and free breakfast. We had a great stay and will stay here again when we come out to San Mateo again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple