Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
$179
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$166
$92
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
$110
$109
SanMateo SFO Hotel
$141
Travelocity
$127
$99
Travelocity
All reviewswalk in closetunder new managementrooms are nicely decoratedvery pleasant stayclose to downtownevery weekevent centerbed was very comfortableenjoyed my staysan franciscogreat customer serviceplenty of parkingsfo airportcoffee makerjessiecaltrainmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Out of all the renovation this place seemly has gone through, the one that's badly needed is the attitude and quality of service the front desk and manager has shown. They were dishonest about possible refund, blatantly rude and was misleading about getting a refund through a booking site. Spent nearly 30 mins on the phone with manager explaining the situation and when third party called to verified, the story was changed and hotel manager claim never warranted a refund. Complete rip off.

Agree with earlier reviews, site appears dirty, some of the people staying here seems to here long term and would not recommend staying here longer than a night for safety reason. Interior of the room had somewhat new furniture and blinds, bed was very rock hard to sleep on, noise was factor even at 2am.

There are plenty motel cheaper and comes with high level of service than this stone place, drive down el camino south.

*Listen to your customers, be flexible
*Install security camera, hire a night security guard to patrol the site.
*Remind guest during check in of the complimentary breakfast
*Stock Breakfast food regularly so that items like Orange juice do not run out.
*Work on being friendly

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AvidT21
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The Stone Villa Inn in San Mateo has the best rooms and the best prices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is in a great location close to downtown, theaters, shopping centers, grocery stores and library. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I have stayed here three times and each time I found the rooms clean and comfortable they appear to be recently remodeled. The beds are quite comfortable. Service appears to be good too having a bad bulb was taken care of imeadately.My only gripe is no cream cheese for the bagels in morning.The rates are a bargain considering the quality.
Nice landscaping too.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the Stone Villa Inn this weekend on a trip to visit family in San Francisco. The motel was only $59 over Labor Day weekend, which was great. When I walked inside, the room smelled of fresh paint. My room had:

SOFT WATER, walk-in closet WITH shoe-rack, VERY clean bathroom with a large shower and faux-marble floors and counter tops, security blinds, all new fixtures, new furniture, blow-dryer, iron/ironing board, leather-lined easy chair, free internet, plenty of parking.

I felt like I was staying in a hotel, except the price was great and the room was smaller than a hotel room. I was very pleased! The clerk was friendly, the neighborhood was safe. I was quite impressed and I will almost certainly be staying here again.

About 20 mins from SF, and about an hour or so outside of Mill Valley

PS,
I used to work in a motel for quite some time, and this motel was five stars compared to any other motel room I've ever seen or stayed in, especially for the competitive rate!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Worse hotel and service ever. I booked my room a month in advance and when I showed up he lied that there was a plumbing problem and I should find another hotel. Come to find out later he had sold my room to the highest bidder. He didn't even bother to call me sooner.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business