Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
$179
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$125
$109
$127
$99
$141
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
$110
All reviewswalk in closetunder new managementrooms are nicely decoratedvery pleasant stayclose to downtownevery weekevent centerbed was very comfortableenjoyed my staysan franciscogreat customer serviceplenty of parkingsfo airportcoffee makerjessiecaltrainmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My worst experience with a hotel/motel so far, but this is subjective. Let me just sum up the major things which are wrong imho and you can be the judge yourself:

- Very noisy: you can hear your neighbors. Also the fridge and air-conditioning are so loud that you have to turn them off at night.
- Noisy/bad neighborhood: there's a metal processing garage on the other side of the street and you can hear the train passing by
- Holes in sheets
- Stains on towels and very strong bleach odor
- Very dirty carpet with big stains
- No disturb sign missing
- Open trashcan near the back entrance
- Shampoo and conditioner consist of two pathetic bags
- No bath tub, just a shower with a dirty floor
- No space in bathroom to hang or put your clothes down
- Open pipes sticking outside the wall (old water pipelines for kitchen/laundry?)
- Holes in wall where powerplug is
- Bedframes are bigger than matress, guarantee to get bruises
- The light(bulb) in the bath room is above shower!? How did this ever pass the safety check??
- Cleaning staff don't knock on doors, they just enter!
- Breakfast only from 7 to 9 and poor choice
- Don't return too late to the motel, you might not have a parking spot
- Too expensive, like many people mentioned, the pictures look better than the reality

The staff was OK with me, but to some older couple who didn't speak English very well, they were very rude (I had to step in). A bit strange since they themselves don't speak English very well...
If you don't care for the things i mentioned above, but want to save money...go to Motel 6 or any motel you can find along the freeway. For the same price, you are better off at a Best Western (plus).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jimmy W
StoneVillaInn, Manager at Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Sorry for such a bad experience at our hotel. We are under new management now and have clean and comfortable renovated rooms for your comfort. We hope you give us another change to prove ourselves. Please book directly at stonevillainnsanmateo.com for our lowest possible rates.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

the room is ok, better than average in this class of motel. air condition very noisy. breakfast room very small and breakfast below standard. staff does minimal service, not helpful and not friendly. high price due to peak activities in sfo (oracle open world & americas cup).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Kiran P, Owner at Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We really appreciate your feedback. We have got in new staff and management to focus on customer service and we will make sure we implement efforts to improve and if you give us one more chance we wont disappoint you. For best rate call us directly 650-458-6556 .

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed five nights here for business in San Mateo. Rooms are decent, area is quiet, staff is friendly and flexible. I arrived around 11 am, the check in time is 3 pm so I was not allowed to check in (cause the room was not ready). But I was allowed to have a shower in the room which really helped me to recover from jet lag. I originally booked longer, but checked out earlier to be closer to down town SF for the weekend. You need to inform them of your check out 48 hours earlier, and I was refunded fully without any hassle, which was cool. Hillsdale is kind of close by, which has lots of restaurants and shops. Hayward Park station is also close by which is cool if you want to avoid traffic when going down town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ArdaKaraduman

Thank for your feedback and we really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to see you soon call us directly to make future reservation @ 650-458-6556

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was looking for a decent price motel near SF and found Stone Villa which was perfect. In addition San Mateo is very neighborhood for diner and shopping if you want avoid SF parking problems.
Service was friendly and parking right in front the room. Quiet and clean just the mattresses are hard so you must prefer that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel at the last minute after a horrifying experience at the Best Western (please read my comments in a separate review) the night before and to me this place was a huge relief. I've stayed at 5* & budget hotels around the world and I must say that this motel is fairly decent. The pictures are not deceiving and I managed to get a restful sleep on a comfy bed while watching cable TV on the big flat screen TV after a hot shower. Also there's free Internet & parking. The location is nearby Hillsdale mall & downtown is walkable with lots of dining choices. It is on a busy street but the owner could tell I was tired when I checked in with my baggy red eyes so he offered me a room near the back so that I didn't hear any noise which was very thoughtful of him. I stayed in a queen size bed with my daughter for two nights & got to take her to the San Mateo Fair all thanks to the owner's daughter who was very friendly & helpful. I'll admit that the breakfast selection is limited & the soap comes in a package, but it's free so no complaints here. The housekeepers are two guys who do a mediocre job & towels are washed daily - not replaced.

• Stayed: June 2013