Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$173
$159
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$146
$121
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$89
$79
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$105
$89
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$139
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
$150
$164
$129
$138
ExtendedStay
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

All reviewswalk in closetunder new managementrooms are nicely decoratedevent centervery pleasant stayevery weekclose to downtownbed was very comfortableenjoyed my staysan franciscoplenty of parkingsfo airportcoffee makerjessiefairgroundscaltrainmicrowave
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I were in San Mateo for an event, and picked this place based on the price. We had a little trouble finding the place, but when we got there, the woman at the front desk was very friendly, and let us check in early. The check in process was a breeze.
The room was clean, but there were a few old stains on some of the linens. A second chair or a table of some sort in the room would have been nice, and I totally agree with another reviewer who mentioned the limited surface/counter area in the bathroom. Everything kept falling into the sink! The bed was very comfortable, but there were only 2 pillows.
Breakfast was okay, pretty typical continental breakfast. Overall, good for the money, and a 2-block walk to the fairgrounds.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I liked the aroma of the curry in the office but the service was just OK. For breakfast a man who has trouble with the english language stood at the door and checked for your key card. Lots of white bread bagles. some cereal and some fruit. coffee and juice. Nothing to write home about. The beds are very hard. Our bathroom had not towel bar so we had to hang towels around inside the bathroom. After an outing we returned to find NO towels and needed to call and ask for them. I love the area but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2011

When you check in, all you can smell is the curry aroma everywhere in the concierge office. Front desk guy has a really bad attitude, tell us if we didn't put the chairs back in the exact same way as it was (breakfast room), then we may not use it at all. Unwilling to provide additional blanket, even went as far as telling us to track down the cleaning staff to get toilet paper and shower towel ourselves. Breakfast was aweful, frozen danish, and water down orange juice from a can. BUT THE CLEANING STAFF WAS EXTREMELY NICE.

Room Tip: Use brandname websites to book the reservation to avoid hassel from the concierge indian guy. The further you are from the office, the less chance you will get a good reception on wifi. AC is noisy period. Bathroom is renovated. TV doesn't work, because they won't give you a long enough extention cord to plug into the electric jack. Don't bother to dial 0 for concierge, because he will just say "no" to anything you ask for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

When I arrived, the computer and fax machine were both down and the clerk did not have the Hotels.com confirmation. He called their number to confirm, a process which took nearly a half hour when I had arrived from Asia and needed a shower and a bed right away.

Hotel staff misled me by how far the motel was from BART and Caltrain. I was told it was a three block walk that took less than five minutes. Instead, Hayward Park station is nearly a half-hour walk and not really practical to walk there with luggage. SamTrans runs right by the hotel, but it takes 3 transfers to get to the airport and forever to get into the city.

While there was free wi-fi, my room had no table or desk where I could work. Although I couldn't get into the city for dinner, there were a few half-way decent restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back. El Camino Real is at the front and is noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2011

my business partner and I stayed for 1 week doing business in the San Francisco area The owners/operators provided excellent customer service, were very friendly and accommodating upon all requests. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I woke up feeling very refreshed, I really liked the beds. the breakfast was very nice it is a larger breakfast area with ample seating and quite a spread of various breakfast items it was definitely an upscale continental breakfast. The Location of Stone Villa Inn is excellent only 20 minutes to San Francisco the airport is about 15 minutes away and silicon Valley/san jose is very close also. All in all I will certainly stay at Stone Villa Inn again upon my future return to the area. This is the best value in the area period!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms if you have a lot of luggage as the facility lacks elevators
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business