“Pretty tasty w/ a beautiful view!”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #2 of 410 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled alongside a quiet lagoon, our fourth restaurant, and the first to feature the upstairs, upscale Top of the Market, has been a dining destination for bay area residents since 1982. This beautiful restaurant also features a full-service cocktail bar and lounge area, and a popular oyster bar. Patio dining is available in the summer months.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty tasty w/ a beautiful view!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I attended w/ my husband and two of his co-workers. We were able to sit outside by the water which was beautiful. I had the lemon pepper caper sauced sole and it was delicious...my sides of potatoes and roasted vegetables were alright. Edamame appetizer was tasty! Calamari was described as pretty good by my husband. (I don't like.) Overall, enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BeavBaby

• Korean first
England
“Great”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great fresh food. Menu changing daily according to what's been caught. Staff are approachable and willing to help guide choices, eg, likes/dislikes, portion sizes.

Visited August 2014
Redwood City, California
“Happy Hour Oysters Expensive”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Been coming here since 1985 and I still think this is the best place on the peninsula for seafood. I just wish they would have a better selection of beers on tap. Also the oysters on the half shell for $ 1.50 each on the happy hour is not cheap. You can go to a lot of places in S.F. and get oysters for a $1.00 or less like the Waterbar on the Embarcadero.

San Francisco, California
“An Ocean of options”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went out with a friend from Foster City and I checked out Trip Advisor to pick out a restaurant. The Fish Market was listed as the number 2 restaurant. So we went there as it was less than 10 minutes away. We got a table right next to the water. It took about a month to read the menu, as there was not only a huge selection of seafood, but also in preparations and combinations. IO ordered the Swordfish and my Trophy Bride had the Cioppino. The portions were generous, tasty and reasonably priced. I hope to return and try another selection from their extensive menu. If you want an Ocean of Seafood Options try The Fish Market in San Mateo.

• Visited August 2014
“Great find for fish lover”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We came here on vacation while staying at the westin hotel at the airport and there was an abundance of fresh fish choices and reasonable priced for the San Francisco area. Had the salmon and was divine. Will be comming back on our next visit to San Francisco.