Lowest prices for your stay
BestWestern.com
Exclusive member rates
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Cynthia F
Los Banos, California

Weekend with the grandkids.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 19, 2019
Great place,great breakfast, with a wide selection of food. Clean coffee was excellent. Rooms clean.plenty of towels and soaps.
Coffee in room was good. The front desk guy was very helpful. I would recommend this place.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.3 miles from Best Western Coyote Point Inn
  • TownePlace Suites
View more hotels in San Mateo
1,049 results
All reviews underground parking waffles hot tub room was clean hot breakfast would stay here again plenty of parking front desk staff fitness center convenient location bw freeway sfo airport bay sauna sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2019

I booked a two night stay for a class. During my second night’s stay I stood in the bathroom naked about to take a shower when suddenly someone was getting into my room. If I hadn’t had the bathroom door opened completely; the intruder would have seen me in my birthday suit. When I called the front desk they told me they thought the room was empty. My advice; put the deadbolt on as soon as you enter the room for your own safety. You never know if the front desk staff is competent or caring! Even after reporting the incident; NO ONE reached out to me! Lesson learned! STAY ELSEWHERE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY! THIS PLACE ISN'T SAFE!

Room tip: Stay elsewhere for your own safety! This place isn't safe!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Esterine D
Candy W, General Manager at Best Western Coyote Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. Everyone on the Best Western Coyote Point team is focused on the safety of our guests. On the night you stayed with us, the computer system had gone down and we obviously made a mistake with our manual system.

I am truly sorry that this happened and also that you felt neglected. I did call the phone number we had for you to apologize and give you an opportunity to discuss, but we must have something wrong, because no one returned my call.

Again, we are truly sorry that this happened, and would love for you to give us another opportunity to give you excellent service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2019

Awful experience. We had people making loud noise beside our room and above. Go down to the desk and are told we can only change to another room that will be even noisier by the road/freeway. Go to the “fitness” center and there’s a couple old machines. We leave. Big ugly pod outside the hotel entrance as well as a truck/trailer out front. Ask for to breakfast grab bags the night before as we have an early flight. Front desk guy says they’ll be ready. Go to check out and not only no grab bags, no one is at the front desk either. After waking around looking for someone and waiting, we just leave. For well over $100/night we were so disappointed!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisgigl
Candy W, General Manager at Best Western Coyote Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. Each member of the team is trained and mentored to give the best possible experience. In this case, it seems we failed to meet your expectations.

I can assure you that we will use your experience to counsel our team and make appropriate changes and improvements.

We hope that if you are in our area in the future, we get a second chance to make a better impression.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

We went to San Francisco, but a really cheaper to stay at San Mateo and we had a car so it was a good option. The airport is also much closer.
Nice eco room with comfy bad and a breakfast was also enough to start a day.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank ggecse
Reviewed July 28, 2019

This San Mateo motel is conveniently located right off Hwy 101. It was easy to park and the staff was welcoming and efficient. But — although the room was very nice, it was next to the elevators, which made a continuous droning sound throughout the night. There was also a chemical smell in the room which never went away. Breakfast included a wide variety of items, but we were disappointed in the eggs and hash browns. Overall, it was good but there’s room for improvement.

Room tip: Stay away from the elevators.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank T5940NUdavidh
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in Best Western Hotel for 3 nights with my family, first of all it's very cheap as compared to Union Square where you pay 4 times more and it's not worth paying so much extra, plus point u get breakfast included and it's very good too to start your day with, Parking is free, nice, clean Hotel, safe to stay, if you want to go to the Public attractions only 30 mins drive to all places you wanna see as a tourist overall experience was, and one important thing laundry is free, I will give this hotel 8/10.

Date of stay: July 2019