“Experience in North Bayshore Boulevard, San Mateo, CA 94401”

BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Cleveland, Ohio
“Experience in North Bayshore Boulevard, San Mateo, CA 94401”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

1. They note down credit card information on note full information (credit card number and expiry date), they did it at least two occasions with me.
2. Front-desk associate watching intolerable contents on laptop, and avoiding basic services by not giving EVEN room key while check-in, customer has to ASK for the key, they are so busy in watching laptop.
3. Gym was not working for 7+ weeks, repeatedly mentioned about it and no response.
4. Dan Karki never ever respond to any of my voice mails on customer issues, at least Dan Karki not called back on 4 voice mails in last two months.
5. Bugs were found on pillows and bed sheet, reported the bugs with pillow to front-desk "Dimitry".
6. Reward points were stopped without communicating to customer; Customer should be first communicated before taking away something from Customer.
7. When I file complain to corporate office , Dan Karki was so mad and rude that he threaten customer and said he can evict the customer any time from the property and will make sure to not allow again to reserve the room in future.
8. Mostly travel groups are there in hotel and they don’t care about any new business and behave horribly with customers, since manager Dan Karki have created this culture I have no doubt all other associate following this same attitude and work culture.
9. Worst hotel to stay in bay area and ruin your vacation or trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicks_01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
KlamathFalls, OR
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This new motel is 10 minutes from SFO. It is spotless, and extremely quiet. Even though it's on the freeway, you don't hear any freeway noise because of the noise barrier. It's out of the flight path, so you don't hear any airport noise either.
The staff are very accommodating.
Most importantly, the park and fly rate is EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this hotel, and we'll stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsdive
us
Reviewed October 27, 2009

usually i just need a place to sleep and shower, and don't care about much else, so i thought i'd be fine with a cheap hotel, but now i've learned my lesson.

although i didn't request one, they only had smoking rooms available. the room smelled like smoke and was unpleasant to be in and breathe in.

walls are thin. people talking next door resonated loudly into my room. unfortunately, the walls remained thin late at night when i was trying to sleep.

the window seal was not tight, so it sounded like my window was cracked open the whole night, even though it was completely shut.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Wales u.k.
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We arrived eventually at the hotel after a long flight from London (after repeated phone calls to hotel for courtesy bus which took nearly two hours to colllect us from airport) rooms clean and nicely presented, until we used the toilet which promptly backed up on us, freshened up and went to place items in safe before going out for evening meal, to find it did not work. Our party had three rooms only one safe worked out of these rooms.

Spoke to reception about toilet problem, and that safe was not working, they promised to have this sorted by the time we got back to our room. Arrived back to a flushing toilet but also to find that $350 had been taken from the room.(this money had been placed in amongst clothing for safety reasons, so was not on show anywhere) informed reception immediately.

After numerous requests to speak to manager about this matter I finally had a phone call from him at breakfast time three days after incident, his manner was quite brusque, he assured me that as there was a safe in my room I should have used it.Well I would have if it was working!!!

He told me I was difficult to get hold of ....sorry we were on vacation not waiting around a hotel until the allotted hour he decided to arrive there. After four days here the safe was finally fixed although I find the way the matter was handled was not very proffessional.

Incidentally the other room in our party never had the safe fixed for them, strange that ,they were all reported the same time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I booked through Priceline for two adults for one week. When I arrived, I was told there were no rooms with two beds available. After complaining I was offered a roll-away cot for $10/night. The cot did not have pillows and smelled terrible. I was given pillows after asking. At 10:30 a horrible sound came from the room next door. It almost sounded like an alarm going off, or a tug boat in the next room, but it was either their bathroom fan, or the water pipes making this horrible sound. At 11 p.m., a tow truck was outside the front desk towing away a car. Not the best neighborhood.

I have been using Priceline for years and love it, but this one time I think the hotel took advantage of the fact that I had pre-paid and could not get a refund.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank travelling-techie
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I booked this hotel via Priceline for 5 nights for the July 2009 California Bar Exam - the price could not be beat. I was pleased to find that the Best Western Coyote Point is an easy drive to the San Mateo Expo Center, and I was able to go to Whole Foods and Safeway for groceries (all rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges). I studied almost every night I was there, and had no real issues with noise (except for the occasional child running through the hallway). I really appreciated the free breakfast buffet each morning, even when all I wanted was some juice and a muffin. Parking was free and so was high speed internet. For the price, I have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Germany
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I were scheduled to stay at this hotel with our two small dogs. We called from Germany to make sure a room was available, our dogs would be allowed in the hotel and any restrictions on the room...everything was fine. When we arrived at the hotel, the owner looked at our dogs and told us we would need to put a $200 deposit on the room, which we understood and had no problem doing. He then said that in simply looking at our dogs they would not be allowed to be left in the room alone and that we needed to take them with us at all times. Although we would love to take our dogs with us, most businesses in the states don't allow dogs in their stores. My husband then asked to see the policy in writing where it said the hotel required pet owners to take their animals with them when they left. The owner answered that he did not have it in writing and that he "...sometimes had to change things as he went along". After a 20+ hour plane ride from overseas, we were turned away from the hotel.

My husband and I understand that hotels may not accept animals and some have restrictions on pets. However, it is the responsibility of the hotel to inform guests (and to post on their website) of these restrictions if they exist. The owner of this hotel has poor business skills and any traveler should be weary that he may change any policy on the spot without proper written documentation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame

Been to BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn? Share your experiences!