“Stay at Coyote Point” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Rocklin
“Stay at Coyote Point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My only suggestion is that the breakfast is Very Good, everything else is excellent.

More variety in muffins (only banana nut is available) would be a plus. Starting the breakfast at 5:30 AM would be a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Ronald C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
West Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, it was freezing in the lobby, & our room was freezing as well. It took so long for my elderly mother to get warm! They didn't replenish our room supplies. Eggs were terrible!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank JenAndEricVortriede
Encinitas, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Bad start: I get there at 6:30pm on Saturday night and have to wait > 20 minutes behind someone who is having issues with payment during check-in. When my turn comes, I ask the person checking me in if some rooms are better than others for WIFI reception. She tells me that they are all bad, that the wifi is slow and "comes in and out".

She was right! The wifi here is barely usable with frequent disconnect and slooooow speed. I find it outright dishonest to advertise a hotel as having free wifi in an area geared towards business travelers (on the freeway, between San Jose and San Francisco near the airport).

Verizon saves the day: I called Verizon and had them boost my data connection allotment for the month and used my phone as a mobile hot spot (I used free FoxFi on Android or you can pay Verizon $20/mo to let them unlock this native feature of your phone that they hijacked).

Food: There is only a breakfast buffet here which is ok. Your regular rubbery eggs gross sausages, brown bananas, cereals, toasts etc... After breakfast, you can't even get a cup of hot water for tea. Fortunately there is a small microwave in each room.

Location: Easy to access the airport, drive to San Francisco or San Jose etc... but otherwise, the location is UGLY and isolated. There is NOTHING here. Not a convenience store not a restaurant.... this is a no man's lad on the service road of Highway 101.

Rooms: The room I had was clean. The bed very firm. It was quiet despite the hotel being full so I would assume the sound proofing is good or my neighbors were very quiet. The TV was an old beast of a thing and kind of fuzzy (not your regular flat screen TV). The iron/ironing board was clean and worked ok. Plenty of hot water for the shower.

So overall it was sort of OK but my initial and lasting thought was: Why did I not pay that extra $30/night???? I was only here 3 night and given the total cost of the trip, $90 is a drop in the bucket. I won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Christian M
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here with my husband for 8 days after having surgery at Stanford. This property is spotless clean. They put me in a handicapped room so that I had an easy time. The staff were amazing, even the ones that didnt speak english. They carried a queen anne chair outside for me so that i could sit in the sunshine comfortably and brought me coffee and orange juice. If u pull up and the sidewalks is wet well....They scrub the sidewalks its that clean!

I also have stayed there for many flights, can park your car there for 15 days with a hotel day rental. They shuttle u right to your flight gate.

I love this hotel for its lovely staff and ease ...oh and the beds are super comfortable!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank noel a
young101, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest, Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so glad that your stay was comfortable and you found cleanliness of the hotel worth mentioning. Thank you for your kind words. Wish you a very Happy New Year from us all. Look forward to your next stay with us. Warmest regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Been to BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn? Share your experiences!