Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Chennai (Madras), India
“Decent and Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very supportive hotel staff, clean environment and good experience..
Breakfast is only Muffin, Fruits and Coffee...
Free Wi-Fi with decent speed. You can upgrade if you need higher speed connection...

Room Tip: Make sure you get a normal room. Because, sometimes if there is no vacancy they may put in handicapp...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m glad that you found our staff to be supportive during your stay with us. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and our clean hotel. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Once more, thank you for posting a review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I just finished staying here for 1 month. I had to clean EVERY dish/pot/appliance on the very 1st day, it was gross. Beds are very squeaky. The feathers in the feather pillows would fall out and be all over the room, and kept pricking my face every night ... But I do have to commend the staff. They do try very hard to please their guests. Even though I had to ask for toilet paper every week (and even though they always said they'd bring it to the room, and then never show up), they always apologized for the wait. It wasn't "a grand" experience, but it wasn't that bad either.

• Stayed February 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff; however, I apologize that the dishes in your room were dirty upon arriving. As well, I am sorry that your bed and pillows did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SNM2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

If you are planning to visit San Francisco but love a cool place to stay the Extended Stay America, San Mateo is the best place to stay. The location is extraordinary peaceful and as this is a studio type residency, you may cook if you like to. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and always ready to address any problems at the earliest making your stay a comfortable one.
If you are staying for more than 6 nights (extended), this is the best place and I shall rate it a 10/10.

Room Tip: Opt for an east facing room at the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and our staff's friendly service. We truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Rooms were nice and cosy, Bathrooms clean and Coffee in the mornings were great. This place is near all the offices in San Mateo so for it is great for people like me who travelled for business. There is also a big mall with decent number of shops just across the bridge. Overall nice experience.

Room Tip: Pick rooms in the 1st floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank INomad80
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent place to stay with a very friendly and attentive staff. Has an open courtyard in the center which I find to be better than the dull closed corridors in most hotels. Parking is never an issue here with lots of space available. Rooms are neat and clean. It is a short drive from many stores like Costco, Target, Safeway, Bank of America, Chase, and some eating places.Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This ESA property has a great location, central to many corporate office locations, shopping, downtown San Mateo and the surrounding area as well as various restaurant and transportation options. The location is quiet, well-kept and I've found it to be a welcome option to the high-priced chains in the Bay area for all of my business travel. I have never found the location to have a breakfast per se however that is not something that is important to me while traveling so it does not figure into my rating of this property. The front desk staff, twenty four hours per day delivery prompt, courteous and friendly service. This team and particularly their female manager who is on during the daytime embody great customer service and are always a joy to work with! ESA itself should invest in furniture and room upgrades but the local staff do their utmost and ensure the rooms are very clean and well organized putting that aside.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MWTraveler6968
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Upon checking into my hotel room, there was an odor which was unacceptable for me. After notifying hotel staff, I was moved to another room. The quality of the room was okay but far smaller than I was expecting for an extended stay. The hotel is essentially a remodled "motel" type hotel, farely dark and only one window in the rooms. The rooms were not representative to what is advertised on the website. I also wasn't a fan of the beds. I am used to a queen size bed but from what I could tell the rooms were so small only a double type bed was provided. As I was dissatisfied I called the managment the day of my check-out to inquire about leaving early from my agreed upon 2 month stay. They stated it wouldn't be an issue but my rate would change to a nightly rate as opposed to weekly which was okay for me. The biggest issue I had was I was charged for the night I checked out simply because I was past the normal checkout time. Management had no desire to work with me and simply stated it was "policy". I have stayed in many hotels in the past and all of them have been more than gracious enough to work with guests on checkout times. In the end I ended up paying for an extra night, I was just glad I didn't spend it there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Los Prados Hotel
#7 of 12 in San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO? Share your experiences!