“Good value for money”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Good value for money”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for a night while on a business trip. It was a motel like joint. The rooms were clean. And the kitchenette was ok. The air conditioning was very loud though. But once I've turned it off I was able to get a good night's sleep. There was plenty of parking space included in the price.
On the morning there was an excellent choice of coffee and grab-and-go type of breakfast items in the lobby.
The staff was friendly and willing to help.
All and all I'd recommend this hotel if all you need is a place to crash after a long flight before moving on to your further business.

Room Tip: get a room that doesn't overlook the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad to read your remarks about stay. However, I am very sorry the air conditioning noise. I am following up to ensure that issue does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Still, I am pleased that you had an opportunity to enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. Also, I am happy to hear that the cleanliness of your guest room was to your standards.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at snm2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Would you please kindly contact me with your room number or your name so I can have the issue fixed as soon as possible.

Thank You again for choosing Extended Stay America- San Mateo SFO Houman Mobasher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Simple and good - No bells and whistles.
Front desk staff were most helpful. Very clearly told what I would get and got what was told.

Close to Foster City offices of Visa, Oracle and IBM - ideal for those on business at these establishments.

Calm - tucked just at the right distance from the hush and buzz of vehicular traffic and yet not too inaccessible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night, and couldn't have ha a better experience. Night check in for extremely helpful and pleasant. For the price, a surprisingly nice little breakfast area. Clean, quiet location. Comfy beds and pillows. Nice, clean bathrooms. For the price, couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that your after-hours check-in went so smoothly and that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it is great to read that you liked your comfortable bed and your clean room.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for more than 6 months. I would rate this is one of the best hotels in its category. Front desk crew is very helpful and courteous. I would like to appreciate Manager Mrs Falguni Patel, for all of her assistance and support and the crew Nickole, Eric and other staff members for the hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milpitas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been working closely with this hotel for the 5+ years I have been with my company and I have nothing but excellent reviews about them. Our company utilizes their business for our project employees that we house here from India. The hotel provides extreme excellence in service, treating our employees more as family then guests. The comfort of the surroundings, to the service provided by the hotel manager and front desk staff is so satisfying. Knowing we can trust that the rooms are clean and that all their needs are met is reassurance that our employees will be taken care of. The manager Falguni is an absolute gem when it comes to knowing what is best for the guests. She will go above and beyond to help any way she can and believe me, this is not something you get at every hotel. Our employees speak very highly of her and have complete trust that any issues that may arise, she will bring some resolution. I would recommend this hotel for any long-term stays!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Come on, no turndown service? I get it that you have to get extra linen, shampoos and soaps at the front desk, but four nights with no turndown service? I can take my business elsewhere.
The kitchenette is pretty much ok, the a/c is ok, the staff is nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these San Mateo hotels

Delhi
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good place for a longish stay if you have your own car, or your place of work is walking distance. For me it was the latter.

Not many restaurants nearby, so if you can cook your own food, you'd be much better off. There is a grocery about 5-10 minute walk away. Ok if you're not buying too much stuff to carry back!

Cleanliness was okay. ACs in some rooms are very noisy. Cookware and cutlery is bare minimum, and there is a microwave but no oven.

Many of the rooms face the freeway, and so can be really noisy. Try to get a room that faces the inside courtyard instead.

There are laundry facilities, which seem rather expensive - but if you're washing once a week, probably you won't mind this.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the courtyard for quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Prados Hotel
#7 of 12 in San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO? Share your experiences!