“nice place for long term stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO

Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“nice place for long term stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

nice place for long term stay. the breakfast is very bad, you will get muffin and apple daily..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about your stay. Given this commitment, it was with concern that I read the rest of your review about our grab and go breakfast. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, muffins and granola bars, and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that I will bring your concerns to the attention of our corporate office.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the nicest extended stay we've ever stayed in with the best staff. Completely remodeled and clean with comfortable Kitchen. Free internet is a huge plus and TV with selective channels include showtime.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Mateo. It is so nice to hear when guests have such a great experience at our hotels. We are so glad you enjoyed having our fully equipped kitchen for your added convenience during your stay and that you were pleased with our complimentary internet connectivity and cable TV. It is our mission each and every guest stay to provide clean, comfortable accommodations all at a great value. Thank you for your recognition and we hope that you will come visit us again should you be in our area in the future. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed one month in this hotel. Its a nice stay for me as all staff members are friendly and co-operative for all your queries. Its a very nice place to stay. One can enjoy free internet and tv with selective channels. Very clean and immediate response to your any concern will be greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Mateo. It is so gratifying to get such great reviews from guests such as yourself. We are so happy to hear that our staff was helpful to your during your stay with any needs or concerns, we pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodations coupled with outstanding guest service. It sounds as if you really enjoyed your stay with us. This is what we are about, stay after stay! I hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks, the Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The refrigerator's noise apparently didn't wake me cause I slept through the nite. The reception staff was friendly and checked me in quickly. The room was clean, the kitchenette convenient to heat up some soup and make some toast. NO bed bugs found!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndHeresLilly
Our sincere thanks to you for such a nice review about your stay at Extended Stay America San Mateo. I am so glad to hear that you found our rooms to be just what you needed for your stay while in town. Our newly refreshed guest rooms with the kitchens tend to be an added comfort and convenience for all our guests more so than a regular hotel room. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get a good nights rest. We thank you again for your nice words and hope that you will return to visit us should you be back in our area again. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Probably the nicest extended stay we've ever stayed in with the best staff. Completely remodeled and clean.

Free internet is a huge plus as we usually have to pay....limited cable selection though does have Showtime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind words about your stay with us at Extended Stay San Mateo, California. It is so nice to hear that people are taking notice and enjoying the freshly appointed accommodations of all our hotels throughout the nation. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms all at a great value. We also indeed now provide complimentary Wi-Fi accessibility with the option to purchase higher bandwidth for just 1.00 a day. We feel that our guests comfort and satisfaction are key to our continued success as a hospitality provider. Thank you so much again for your kind review, we hope that you will stay with us again should you be back in our area or that you visit any one of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay San Mateo.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed six days in this hotel with my friend. Past three days, I found bed bugs bite my neck ,arms ,and fingers.
And I found two pieces of bed bugs on my bed and pillow. I killed them.
we called front office ,and changed another room.
I was so upset and feel so bad. My shin was getting red and itch by bed bugs bites.
we asked talk to the manager, but they did not say anything.
I will never stay this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Keiko Y
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Keiko - Thank you for posting feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction, which is why I am so disheartened to hear of the issues you experienced during your visit. We work hard to provide clean rooms and great beds to all of our guests; however, it seems that we were unable to do that for you.

Please know that I am working with the staff now to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again in the future. It would be great to have you stay with us again to show you the efforts begin made. Please contact us directly for a reservation should you choose to give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these San Mateo hotels

Centreville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Out of 7 hotels on a 10-day trip from LA to San Francisco, this was the worst hotel, and I was bitten by bedbugs. It's so basic, it didn't even have a soap dish; I had to use a coffee mug. Decor and linens are out of date, and last but not least--there were bedbugs. The front office staff was great during the stay, but when I called to report the bedbugs after I had gotten home, I didn't even get an apology or offer for a credit. It only cost $89.00/night, but I should have paid a little extra. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mary - We appreciate you posting a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your stay at our hotel was not a comfortable one and am disheartened to hear that our staff was unable to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction. Please know, with your review in mind, I have spoken with each member of the team, reviewing cleanliness standards, room set-up checklists and customer service guidelines. We are going to work hard to improve.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future. We look forward to having the chance to show you our redoubled efforts. For a reservation, please contact us directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Howard Johnson Express San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO? Share your experiences!