“UK@Extended San Mateo”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Vacaville, California
“UK@Extended San Mateo”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the nicest extended stay we've ever stayed in with the best staff. Completely remodeled and clean with comfortable Kitchen. Free internet is a huge plus and TV with selective channels include showtime.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Mateo. It is so nice to hear when guests have such a great experience at our hotels. We are so glad you enjoyed having our fully equipped kitchen for your added convenience during your stay and that you were pleased with our complimentary internet connectivity and cable TV. It is our mission each and every guest stay to provide clean, comfortable accommodations all at a great value. Thank you for your recognition and we hope that you will come visit us again should you be in our area in the future. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed one month in this hotel. Its a nice stay for me as all staff members are friendly and co-operative for all your queries. Its a very nice place to stay. One can enjoy free internet and tv with selective channels. Very clean and immediate response to your any concern will be greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Mateo. It is so gratifying to get such great reviews from guests such as yourself. We are so happy to hear that our staff was helpful to your during your stay with any needs or concerns, we pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodations coupled with outstanding guest service. It sounds as if you really enjoyed your stay with us. This is what we are about, stay after stay! I hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks, the Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The refrigerator's noise apparently didn't wake me cause I slept through the nite. The reception staff was friendly and checked me in quickly. The room was clean, the kitchenette convenient to heat up some soup and make some toast. NO bed bugs found!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndHeresLilly
Our sincere thanks to you for such a nice review about your stay at Extended Stay America San Mateo. I am so glad to hear that you found our rooms to be just what you needed for your stay while in town. Our newly refreshed guest rooms with the kitchens tend to be an added comfort and convenience for all our guests more so than a regular hotel room. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get a good nights rest. We thank you again for your nice words and hope that you will return to visit us should you be back in our area again. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Probably the nicest extended stay we've ever stayed in with the best staff. Completely remodeled and clean.

Free internet is a huge plus as we usually have to pay....limited cable selection though does have Showtime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind words about your stay with us at Extended Stay San Mateo, California. It is so nice to hear that people are taking notice and enjoying the freshly appointed accommodations of all our hotels throughout the nation. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms all at a great value. We also indeed now provide complimentary Wi-Fi accessibility with the option to purchase higher bandwidth for just 1.00 a day. We feel that our guests comfort and satisfaction are key to our continued success as a hospitality provider. Thank you so much again for your kind review, we hope that you will stay with us again should you be back in our area or that you visit any one of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay San Mateo.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed six days in this hotel with my friend. Past three days, I found bed bugs bite my neck ,arms ,and fingers.
And I found two pieces of bed bugs on my bed and pillow. I killed them.
we called front office ,and changed another room.
I was so upset and feel so bad. My shin was getting red and itch by bed bugs bites.
we asked talk to the manager, but they did not say anything.
I will never stay this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Keiko Y
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Keiko - Thank you for posting feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction, which is why I am so disheartened to hear of the issues you experienced during your visit. We work hard to provide clean rooms and great beds to all of our guests; however, it seems that we were unable to do that for you.

Please know that I am working with the staff now to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again in the future. It would be great to have you stay with us again to show you the efforts begin made. Please contact us directly for a reservation should you choose to give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these San Mateo hotels

Centreville
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Out of 7 hotels on a 10-day trip from LA to San Francisco, this was the worst hotel, and I was bitten by bedbugs. It's so basic, it didn't even have a soap dish; I had to use a coffee mug. Decor and linens are out of date, and last but not least--there were bedbugs. The front office staff was great during the stay, but when I called to report the bedbugs after I had gotten home, I didn't even get an apology or offer for a credit. It only cost $89.00/night, but I should have paid a little extra. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mary - We appreciate you posting a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your stay at our hotel was not a comfortable one and am disheartened to hear that our staff was unable to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction. Please know, with your review in mind, I have spoken with each member of the team, reviewing cleanliness standards, room set-up checklists and customer service guidelines. We are going to work hard to improve.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future. We look forward to having the chance to show you our redoubled efforts. For a reservation, please contact us directly.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had reserved a nonsmoking room with a king bed and sofa sleeper. We got to the room and there was only a king bed. We had 4 people with us and there was no way for us to all sleep together. We had to stay in the room that night since it was about 11pm and the front office was closed. I called the after hours number and they told me to check with front desk in the morning for a different room. I got a new room at about 3pm the next day since they had to clean it. We got to the room and it was a smoking room. The smell was horrible. We stayed there anyways since they told me there weren't any other rooms available. We left last Sunday and just yesterday we woke up to bed bug bites on our necks, arms and back. This is the first time this has happened to us. We thought they were spider bites. Needless to say I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here due to bed bugs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David W
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
David - We appreciate you posting a review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. It seems that we were unable to do so in your case, and for that I am truly sorry.

Please know that our housekeeping staff is held to extremely high standards when it comes to cleanliness. Our company policy is to clean guest rooms every 7-days, and in between upon guest request for a minimal fee, as well as once a guest checks out of the hotel. Managers are then tasked with inspecting the rooms. By following these procedures, we can ensure that our guests are entering rooms which are guaranteed to be clean and comfortable. You have my sincerest apologies that we did not meet these expectations with you and your family.

In response to your feedback, I have met with the entire staff to review cleaning and inspection procedures as well as coached them on professionalism. It is our goal to use your remarks as a way to improve our overall processes.

We hope that you will give us another chance, and stay at our hotel again in the future. We also have a myriad of locations which you can stay at around the U.S. and Canada. Either way, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you have any further questions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Los Prados Hotel
#9 of 12 in San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO? Share your experiences!