My husband, niece and I stayed here in for two nights in August 2012. We arrived at about 9:00 at night. It can be a little tricky finding it in the evening. There are office/commercial buildings all around it. On the plus side, there is plenty of parking.
Once I checked in, the gentleman at the front desk (Eric), showed me a map to our room and suggested the location where to park. I hopped back into the car and directed my husband to park around the corner as Eric told us. Once we parked, Eric came right up and explained that he misdirected us as to the room location. He apologized and asked us to follow him to a closer parking area. We did and he even helped us carry a few bags to our room. I've never had a front lobby clerk go the extra mile like that.
We stayed in a King suite with sofa bed. It was convenient to have the kitchenette with full-sized fridge. We were in the area for an event at the fairgrounds, so it was nice to keep all of our drinks/snacks in the fridge before packing them up in the cooler each day. We didn't use the stove during our stay, but we used the utensils and cups.
The sofa bed was a twin sized pull out. My niece said the springs were a bit uncomfortable. We asked for another blanket for her and she put that down on the mattress.
Our king bed was great. The mattress was nice and firm and they had tons of pillows! Some pillows were soft, some were firm. I wish more hotels would do that so you can pick which ones are the most comfortable for your head. The shower was very nice. Great water pressure and the curtain rod was a curved one so you don't feel cramped. Keep in mind that this is an extended stay hotel, which caters to longer visits. There is no housekeeping service unless you stay for a full week. You can always ask for towels, toilet paper, etc. at the front desk, though. They even had a toothbrush/paste for my niece who had forgotten hers.
They have coffee/tea, oatmeal, packaged pastries and fruit in the lobby in the morning.
Although it's all office space immediately around the hotel, it is a very short distance to shopping and restaurants. On the other side of the freeway (Hwy 92), there is a Target, Marshall's, Mimi's Cafe, BJ's Restaurant, Red Robin and other stores right there. It's a three minute drive from the hotel.
This was a comfortable stay and we will not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead San Mateo
- Homestead Suites San Mateo
- San Mateo Homestead Suites