“Fabulous food, fun location, eccentric italian.”
Review of Osteria Coppa - CLOSED

Osteria Coppa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenue
Transit: Near San Mateo Train stop.
San Mateo, California
“Fabulous food, fun location, eccentric italian.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to try Osteria for two reasons, the wonderful reviews and the fact that we can always smell the fabulous food when we go to the movies in downtown San Mateo. We made a reservation, definitely a good idea as the restaurant is not exceptionally large, We were seated right away next to a front window which was wonderful for people watching. They immediately brought us fresh bread and olive oil.

My only complaint of the evening was the waitress. Our waitress was clearly not concerned with our table as she took our drink and food order and we didn't see her again until we received the check. She also seemed quite irritated when I asked for a recommendation on the wines, as they were all italian and I was not familiar with most of them.

The food:
MUST HAVE the meatball appetizer. It was absolutely to die for. My boyfriend and I were practically fighting over the third one. I had the baked rigatoni for my meal which was absolutely incredible, but very rich. My boyfriend ordered the pork, sausage, and speck pizza and absolutely loved it.

This was wonderful food for reasonable prices. We would absolutely come back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ashley B

San Francisco, California
“Great place to relax on patio (and it's in downtown SM)”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We go here often with work friends. Every time, we have had a great meal and most of all, have really relaxed out on the outdoor patio. The best thing on the menu is their thin crust pizzas, with seasonal toppings, which are on par with something you would get in Italy. Service is so-so but not where a meal is ruined. Will return often.

• Visited May 2014
South San Francisco, California
“the Best Lunch Ever”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Friends and I went here for lunch after seeing a movie nearby. The place is just stunning!
the menu selection is wonderful , I opted for the lunch special of a Pizza and soup. the Lentil soup was heavenly and the Pizza was one of the best that I have ever had. The Portions are Huge in fact after I ate 4 slices and my companion ate a slice I still had pizza to take home!

• Visited June 2014
Fresno, California
“Fabulous, Affordable, Gourmet”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Three of us stopped by early on a Friday night. We ordered three of the eve's specials and each was divine: kale & frizee salad w pine nuts, deep fried artichoke, in-house fresh made pasta w wild mushrooms. Fresh, light, flavorful! We also shared the chicken piccata from the regular menu. Wonderful! We opted to dine family style and splitting each of these four menu items three ways left us feeling sated, pleased as punch at our selections, and not broke. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in town!

• Visited June 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very unusual Italian food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were a party of 6 and were able to walk in early on a Monday evening without reservations and get seated at an excellent table with a great view of the sidewalk. Very tastefully done modern decor and excellent service. Not outrageously expensive. If you are looking for the same Italian food that all the other restaurants serve--then this is not for you. We saw 1 "regular" item on the menu--pasta with meatballs--but other than that--everything was quite interesting--pastas with truffle oil and other less commonly seen entrees. I'ts the kind of place were you could go many times and still find something new to order. Nice selection of wine and a good selection of desserts that aren't normally found at Italian restaurants.

• Visited May 2014