“get the calamari, no seriously, get the calamari”
Review of Osteria Coppa - CLOSED

Osteria Coppa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenue
Transit: Near San Mateo Train stop.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

this is my favorite date or ladies night restaurant in san mateo. I have never been disappointed in the food or the service. plus, they are on point with the calamari (often frying up some meyer lemons and fennel along with the sea food). i also really enjoy the 'joey's soda' cocktail - if you are into bourbon whiskey, which i am.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Had a romantic dinner on the patio with my Husband. Loved the gourmet pizza's and pastas super fresh and original. The almond cake with nectarines and lemon panna cotta were to die for!! Definetly going back soon. Heard they change up the menus often!!

1  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had heard about this place from a few friends and decided to try it. Everything we tried was simply divine and I think I may have had some of the best pasta ever. This is a truly unique Italian restaurant with really fresh and thoughtful ingredients - different than a lot of other pizza and pasta places on the peninsula. I will be coming back here again whenever I am in San Mateo!

1  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I ate at the Osteria Coppa with few colleagues. We got there by chance, while searching for a place for a late dinner - we were on a business trip, and left the office late.

This was one of the better dinners I had in the bay area. Everything we tried was delicious, interesting, and refreshing. The salumi plate was excellent. The beat and avocado salad - the same. The pizza was thin and exactly to my taste. The pasta I had, with short rib and horseradish, was just great.

Bottom line: I'll go there again, and if you're looking for a great Italian place with a twist, you should too.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

had read some good things about this place, so I was excited to eat here. Being Italian, I can be ultra critical of Italian food, but I came here with an open mind. The antipasto platter was pretty good, contained all the usual stuff and good value for money. The main courses, however, were a let-down. My pasta was far too sweet (pappardelle with braised short-ribs) and the combination did not work. i tried other people's food too and was not massively impressed.

The positive was the atmosphere - it had a good, busy vibe and people definitely seemed to bee enjoying themselves.

Unfortunately, would not return, as food is over-priced for what it is.