“Excellent Service and Wonderful Food”

Espetus Churrascaria
Ranked #11 of 417 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th and 8th
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family of four (including three big eaters who love meat!) thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The staff is friendly and the service was excellent. The salad bar isn't the biggest I've seen but the variety and quality of food was very good. We couldn't resisting trying some of the items even though we were really there for the meat! The variety of meat was good and the quality was the best we've sampled at churrascarias - very juicy, not over-seasoned, plentiful, and various degrees of doneness so everyone got what they wanted. I do wish they had a parking lot. We were there at around 5:30 on a Sunday and able to find parking about a block away.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had a good dinner here - the selection of meats was good, the filet and the sirloin were fantastic, the bacon wrapped steak was great (what isn't improved by the addition of bacon) and the sausages, chicken and chicken hearts were very nice.

The salad bar was also pretty extensive with some nice grilled asparagus and some other nice selections.

The service was good, the waitress was very helpful, identified lots of options for my daughter (allergic to dairy) and gave us some great recommendations on wine.

We all enjoyed it, especially the kids!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I agree with other reviewers that the place is overpriced. Unlike some other reviewers, I like their salad bar. Meat options are also ok for me. However, considering the limited variety of meat, the price is too expensive.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

typical 'authentic' Argintenean Churrascaria but well below others sampled in the US. Salad bar was minimal - ok you don't go for that.
Meat was just not that good - plenty of course - but for every steak that went by there chicken, chicken sausage. The steaks were either overdone or close to raw - I prefer medium rare but some were so raw on the inside they were cool!
I guess more of a family event place but at these prices a family to go broke - food, 1 beer, 1 glass of wine cost $76. Too much for the value provided by a longshot

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The place is nicely setup and there are plenty of food but the quality of the meat is mediocre at best. It is way over priced as far as I'm concerned. I would rather pay $60 per person and go to a very nice stake house with a nice piece of meat and the goodies and pay half of that