“Best gluten free meal in the last place I'd expect it, awesome menu”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #8 of 408 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best gluten free meal in the last place I'd expect it, awesome menu”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't thrilled when my husband picked a Brewery for dinner thinking I'll end up with a salad and ice tea but boy was I wrong. This place was very popular, only waited 5 minute to sit but they needed more wait staff. The menu had an entire page of gluten free options including their home-made root beer and chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Prices were extremely reasonable too. I ordered a gluten free personal size pizza while my husband ordered a regular pizza for himself which worked out really well for us. Their regular menu sounded awesome so based on the quality of food I got I'm sure the rest is good too.

San Francisco, California
“The 'hot" place that is crowded, noisy and overpriced”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The place is good but just has te "hot" place problems of being crowded and maybe the staff does not really try to hard because for now they are busy.

Visited December 2012
CMH
“Good brew, good food.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Triple Chocolate Pizzookie!!!! The Tatanka Stout is wonderful as is the pizza's they have. I tend to hit this place whenever I am in town.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Think Cheesecake Factory”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Instead of all those deliciously fattening cheesecakes you have a bunch of deliciously fattening regular foods! As well as some desserts but since I didn't try them...yet, I can't comment but the fish (Mahi-Mahi) was delicious as was their flatbread pizza. Very diverse food here so if you don't have a particular taste for something specific, you should be happy with the choices. Good staff as well. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Services and foods were great!
There was a bit of construction, but soon to be over.
I love BJ's is because, I love their menu...
It is for diverse community, taste and... most of all... services were great!

Visited July 2012