“Decent food, BAD service!”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #9 of 418 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I used to live in the apartments right across the street from BJ's, so as you can imagine we walked over for dinner pretty often. I did enjoy the food for the most part, but we frequently had issues with bad service. 3 separate times we had the manager come apologize for the bad service and give us a gift card as an apology. We liked that they took care of the situation and compensated us, but the frequency of the bad service was way too often! Now that we moved we are still in the area but not right across the street and we haven't been back. It was ok when it was super convenient but I wouldn't go out of my way for the bad service.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

BJs is one of the better places to eat near Foster City CA. I have eaten (and drank) there a number of times and mostly enjoy the jambalaya and their kung bao chicken is not bad either. They have a couple of good IPAs on tap and the service is great too. If you're in the area, this is one of the better places to stop for dinner and friendly ambience.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Burgers are really good, and portions are generous to say the least. They have a good selections of beers.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice beers...love the giant salads here. Great for after work apps and cocktails.

1  Thank Travels4workand4fun
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I recently visited BJ's for their happy hour and usually go there once or twice a month because it is good and cheap! My wife and I really enjoy having beers/cocktails with dinner and BJ's is a nice atmosphere and good deals. They happy hour is from 4-7pm with $1 off cocktails and premium house draft beers and half off their great mini pizzas. The brewery has a hand full of great craft beers and all of the food I have had there is greeat! They have an appetizer menu that is very affordable and good, with good portions. I recommend highly the beer: Blonde, The appetizers: a mini pizza, the mozzarella and tomato salad, the ahi poke and the chicken potstickers you can't go wrong.

1  Thank brentsf