Wonderful staff, beautiful property and worth every penny you'll pay to be there. The golf course was tough but fun and the practice areas are fantastic -- a few minor things for other couples golfers to improve their stay:
1. You have to have a caddie since this is a member's course and it's not well marked and actually pretty tough. If you're like us, you go to resorts to golf to spend some QT together and a caddie isn't exactly part of that plan. The first round, the caddie was right there with us and it got a little awkward and he dove into his personal life and was with us every minute. The second round, Tami in the pro shop finally figured out we weren't thrilled about the situation and set us up with a fore caddie that would drive with our bags while we walked together -- perfect! Kudos to her for asking what exactly our objectives were and how we could work within the rules.
2. The food isn't great and no getting around this since you're in the middle of nowhere. We had our wedding at the Rosewood in Sand Hill and I think our expectations were a little high since that chef has a michelin star. If you're a foodie, try to go off property for a special evening.
3. Food generally is a little hard to come by when it's quiet. On Monday we finished at 3:05pm and the golf grill was closed even though everyone/our caddie told us (and documentation said) the grill would be open until dusk. It was just a quiet day and not many people were there so I think they adjusted the schedule -- anyway, that meant we had to eat at the other restaurant again, where we had been for dinner the night before and for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of California's Santa Cruz Mountains, CordeValle is a luxury retreat in an extraordinary setting between San Jose and the Monterey Peninsula. The resort is infused with country club charm and superb amenities including a luxury spa and 7,169-yard championship golf course by legendary designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Clos La Chance, the on-site winery and vineyard, offers guests the opportunity to experience California's famed wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Rosewood CordeValle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordevalle, a Rosewood Hotel San Martin
- Cordevalle a Rosewood Resort