We spent a week here during our recent Vancouver/California trip, staying in one of the bungalows overlooking the golf course. We agreed that this was the best resort out of those we stayed in on our trip. The property is beautifully situated beside the Santa Cruz mountains with fabulous views and wildlife all around. The main building is very pretty and the bungalows are great. We loved the fact you could make your own coffee and toast (nespresso machine and toaster provided, but no cutlery - we found this odd and had to buy plastic cutlery nearby) in the morning rather than have to get dressed and walk to the main building for breakfast.
The bathrooms and the main bedroom/sitting room are huge - plenty of space - and well decorated/very luxurious.
The pool area is great (bit too much towel changing as soon as you stood up though!) as is the gym - everything you need. Service from the guys on the door/valets was first class - they remembered your names, all the key facts and went out of their way to be helpful. We did think the resort suffered from the absence of a concierge though - the front desk handled enquiries which was fine, but an on-site concierge would have been better. Where we have to score Cordevalle down was on the food and beverage side - breakfast on our first morning was a disaster. We were ignored by the waiting staff, had to find menus on our own and when our order was eventually delivered 45 minutes after we entered the restaurant, it was completely wrong! As a result, we never ate breakfast there again. Our experience at dinner was also mixed - we ate in the One Iron Bar 3 times - twice was great and one was extremely poor. 45 minute wait again and when one meal was served, it was burned and cold. Had to be returned. The resort handled the issues well but really, it needs to up its game here as we felt it was inconsistent in terms of waiter service and food quality.
Overall, this is a fabulous resort and we would recommend it to anyone staying in the area - we will definitely return and hope they have ironed out the food/service issues by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of California's Santa Cruz Mountains, CordeValle is a luxury retreat in an extraordinary setting between San Jose and the Monterey Peninsula. The resort is infused with country club charm and superb amenities including a luxury spa and 7,169-yard championship golf course by legendary designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Clos La Chance, the on-site winery and vineyard, offers guests the opportunity to experience California's famed wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Rosewood CordeValle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordevalle, a Rosewood Hotel San Martin
- Cordevalle a Rosewood Resort