My husband and I recently stayed the weekend at CordeValle. We were in a bungalow, which was lovely. It reminded me of the Four Seasons in Scottsdale - wood floors, a fireplace, high ceilings. There was a little foyer when you walked in with coffee, etc., then the large sleeping area had a fireplace, two chairs and a desk. The bathroom had a walk-in closet, a separate shower stall, a separate water closet and a jacuzzi tub. There was a vanity with a magnifying mirror as well (great for applying makeup). They even gave you a little flashlight next to your bed if you have to get up at night. did turndown service as well.The only thing they could have improved upon was the hair dryer - it was a 1600 small dryer that barely had any air - we called down to the spa to bring one of the more powerful ones to the room. Also, they used the resort brand toiletries in full-size bottles, so there were no little sizes to take home. The view from the room was wonderful. They give you binoculars and we had fantastic weather and we sat outside and enjoyed the view of the golf course and the mountains.
My husband golfed, and I went to the spa. I had a wonderful massage - they add a thin water pad under you when you get the massage, so as they move you around, you have comfortable support. I also had a pedicure, which was very nice. I was almost the only one in the spa, and it was comfortable and quiet.
The food was good, but expensive. I had a wonderful eggs relleno for breakfast and my husband had the eggs benedict and with tip, the breakfast came to $50. For lunch, I indulged in one of the Wagyu/Kobe type hamburgers ($26), and it was all right, but they had it flavored with a sweet glaze that was a little too sweet for my liking. I ordered their house-made chocolate chip cookies to take back to the room and they were great. We had an event to attend the first night and it was a buffet of mexican food and it was delicious - carne asada, lime shrimp, etc. The second night we also had an event and we had steak and shrimp, which was average.
The resort was beautifully decorated and the staff was so helpful. You call for them to give you a ride to your room in their golf carts. They had several dogs on site as well as they have a special menu for them and they walk the dogs as an offered service.
It really was a nice weekend and a pleasant surprise for our destination as we never heard of this resort previously. This place would be great for a romatic weekend or a golf/spa getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of California's Santa Cruz Mountains, CordeValle is a luxury retreat in an extraordinary setting between San Jose and the Monterey Peninsula. The resort is infused with country club charm and superb amenities including a luxury spa and 7,169-yard championship golf course by legendary designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Clos La Chance, the on-site winery and vineyard, offers guests the opportunity to experience California's famed wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Rosewood CordeValle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordevalle, a Rosewood Hotel San Martin
- Cordevalle a Rosewood Resort