“PHILADELPHIA ROLL AND WHITE TIGER ROLL”
Review of Yoshida Sushi Bar

Yoshida Sushi Bar
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in San Marino
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Los Angeles, California
“PHILADELPHIA ROLL AND WHITE TIGER ROLL”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Yoshida, the owner usually works at the front corner of the sushi bar, I would try and get a seat with him...he is absolutely the best! I always order the same thing (for over 10 years now...), I start off hot or iced green tea then I have agedashi tofu (broth), and then in order, I start with the one of a kind White Tiger Roll (wowsers!) then a soft shell crab appetizer (the ponzu sauce is delish), next I ask for a shrimp hand roll with soy paper, (mmm, mmm, mmmm) Yoshi makes it with this light tangy mayo and I ask for extra masago and sesame on everything)...finally i save the best for last...his version of the Philadpelphia Roll is like no other (it comes slightly warm), he will ask you how hot (spice-wise), I tell him #20 or #25...then orange (half orange marinated in sake) and I pay my bill, it is a bit pricey but oh so worth it!!!!!! its the only place I go for sushi!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank midori1969

“Tasty Japanese food”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good sushi, but also other food is interesting, especially
shrimp heads, which are delicious. Will go again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JakCv
“Major Disappointment.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Lunch for two of us, we ordered, chirashi, tempora udon, grilled ika (squid) appetizer, and soft shell crab appetizer.

Food presentation was average. Soft shell crab was good. but, the squid was too dry, the chirashi rice was too soft, and the sashimi on top of the chirashi was sliced poorly. We couldn't eat much of our food. Lunch bill comes to $48. Probably will not return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Moonlight
Los Angeles, California
“Best sushi I have ever had”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place changed my life on how I eat sushi. Until this place, I had only really eaten rolls. But here I tried the traditional sushi, just the fish on rice. WOW! The quality and freshness are out of this world. I always try to sit at the sushi bar in Yoshi's section, because he is so funny, but the whole staff is great here. The toro here blew my mind. They have interesting things to try too, like the Oyster Sundae, which is an explosion of flavors in your mouth. I won't go into detail--just try it. The wild salmon is the best I have ever had. I eat a lot of sushi and nothing compares to this place.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank L2Connelly
Seattle
“Sushi was average”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Sushi chefs were great, very entertaining, fish was hit and miss. Best choices were from talking to the regulars at the sushi bar. Place is always busy, but I think it is because there are so few spots to eat in the area. Would likely go somewhere else next time.

• Visited November 2011