“Okay for a Quick Fix”

Add it.
Sushiya Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 257 Restaurants in San Marcos
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Apparently there are several Sushiya restaurants in the San Diego area but the one in San Marcos in the Kohl's/Walmart shopping center is where I had dinner. There were very few people in the restaurant because it was just 5PM. I sat at the sushi bar and ordered the special Protein Roll for $15. This was quite tasty, served with an oil-based dressing on the side. I would have enjoyed this more if the silver dollar sized rolls had been normal, bite-sized rolls. Those silver dollar sized rolls are very difficult to eat and do not make for a relaxing experience.

Still feeling the need to taste more fish, I ordered the stuffed tomato. A huge disappointment! I had a different sushi chef for this order so maybe that made the difference. There was no flavor to this dish whatsoever.

Having eaten sushi since I was a kid (don't ask!), I know a thing or two about the taste, freshness, presentation, and cost of good sushi; so it needs to be top draw - meaning good fish as well as flavor!

I have eaten here many times, mostly at the tables with family and friends. The stuffed tomato experience put me off so I am going searching of another quick fix, hole in the wall sushi place.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Their sushi rolls and sashimi are very fresh! The prices are great. The staff is very friendly. They will even let you customize your roll! We are regulars needless to say. :-)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

By now they know what we like, we are here so often. Their sushi is always fresh and I love their lunch specials. Dinner is usually a calmer affair as this is in a large shopping center and the busier time is always around noon.