“School cafeteria”

Add it.
Home Town Buffet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Sorry. I cannot agree that the food is good
It reminds me of school dinners
The atmosphere feels the same way
Plastic glasses and as much low quality food as you can eat. I usually leave hungry
One of my least favourite places

There are newer reviews for Home Town Buffet

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've eaten at quite a few Home Town Buffet's and their sister restaurant Old Town Buffet. Having a family with 2 teen boys and a little girl, it's a great option for the whole family. Everyone likes something and everyone walks away full.
That being said, I hadn't really liked this location in the past. I found the selection to be poor, the food sat for too long, and they failed to clear off the dishes. When my son said he wanted to eat there recently I was a bit dejected!
But, the restaurant has been remodled, and they took care of more than just the building/exterior. They obviously gave the management/staff an overhaul and added some selection. Food was hot and tasty. Service was prompt and pleasant. We didn't have plates piling up on our table. Kids even tried stuff they hadn't tried before.
Was very happy overall, and will go again!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have eaten at this HomeTown Buffet in San Marcos about 50 times over the last fifteen years. This speaks for itself. There is plenty of parking located within this safe neighborhood. The food offered consists of a nice salad bar, soups, and a huge selection for your main meal. There is also a dessert bar. The environment is clean, and the food is tasty. The price is reasonable, especially if you use a HomeTown Buffet coupon. The staff has always come across as friendly and helpful. I am looking forward to many more rewarding dining experiences at this restaurant buffet.