“San Marcos value”

Days Inn San Marcos
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the Ramada Limited for Labor Day get-a-way. Very good hotel for the $50 range. Clean room. Close to the freeway, very close, however couldn't hear the noise. The room was quite. It's not 100% renovated, the carpets need replacing and some paint needs to be touched up here and there. If you can over look these items you'll save some cash. I'll definitely book this hotel again and head to the beach. Don't forget the free breakfast which makes this a great deal for the family.

Room Tip: Top Floor is the best choice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ramadasm, Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear, neotripper

Thanks, for you’re Review, We always strive to keep our value, amenities, and service at an accommodating rate for budget travelers. We hope to serve you again on your next trip.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Staff were friendly, nice to get a call after we checked to see if all was okay. An older motel and it shows it. Cover on the a/c unit was not fastened but I was able to secure it without a problem. A/c cooled properly and was quiet, room was clean, bed comfortable. Cost was okay. Had stayed there before and new it would be average. Close to food, gasoline, and major highway.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear, Chris

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient, and friendly. It is always our goal to make your experience a good one. We hope to serve you again soon the next time your in town.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The first room they gave me the TV didn't work and the safety lock was broken. It also smelled really bad.
They gave me another room and the TV and lock were fine but it smelled just as bad. The room looked clean but I think they had tried so hard to mask the bad odor from the carpet and drapes that the masking made it worse. Bathroom clean. Old style bedspspreads that I always throw on the floor immediately because you have no clue as to what has been done on them. Breakfast just average or below average. I never leave reviews, I just felt compelled to leave this one.

Barbara

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Barbara

It is unfortunate your stay was less than satisfying, it is always our goal to make everyone’s experience a good one, thank you for your feedback, and the issues have been addressed. On behalf of our team thank you for your patronage, and happy travels.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

When we booked the room we were under the impression that we were getting two queen beds, the beds were full size beds and me and my significant other could hardly fit ... very uncomfortable. the blow dryer and toilet were broken. we had to unclog the toilet twice, very nasty!!!! The AC blew very cold air which was nice, but the air coming out of it smelt like MILDEW and Pee! no joke! I understand the breakfast they serve is free , but whats the point of offering raisan bran, and donuts... there not a soup kitchen... Room kinda had a wierd smell.. Front desk was not very nice.. on a lighter note, "CHICOS Restaurent" Next door had some BOMB burritos.. STay classy San Marcos

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank worldwideaz
ramadasm, General Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear, worldwideaz

It is unfortunate that you did not fully enjoy your stay, I'm not sure if you completely missed out on breakfast because, we do not offer donuts!!! however we do have a Belgian waffle maker, danishes, muffins, 4 different types of cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, milk,coffee.and tea. As for the A/C thank you for letting us know, It's was taken care of it was the filter that need to be replaced we take your input very seriously. We wish you well on your next Hotel Adventure.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this Ramada Limited in San Marcos for 7 days. It has a fantastic price and good service (Alex especially is awesome). Because of this, I would stay there again. Some other points worth noting though: (1) Rooms are small, but not bad. They are pretty clean, and there is a refrig & microwave in each room. Beds were comfortable. (2) Wi-Fi - yes, it's free, but extremely slow. Most of the time when I had to get work done I would go to the McDonald's across the street. (3) Continental breakfast wasn't bad - it has a waffle maker, cereal, danish, juice & coffee. Not much fresh fruit (a few oranges were set out). Nice room off the main lobby made it enjoyable. (4) Location is up against the 78 Freeway - pretty noisy, but the rooms are well insulated. If you sleep like a rock like me, you'll never notice. (5) Hotel is 1/2 hr in from I-5 on 78. If you know the area and take the back way to Encinitas, it is still 1/2 hr. That road has more stop lights than any I have seen! (6) Has a nice Mexican restaurant next door - great menudo on Sundays; Convenience store next to restaurant. (7) Outside pool in the front by the road - can't tell you as I didn't use it.

Room Tip: The rooms in the separated building in the back left side are newer and more comfortable than the on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H

Dear Kevin H.

Thanks for your kind and honest review we were happy to serve you. Glad to hear it was an enjoyable stay and we hope to serve you during your next stay in San Marcos.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm honestly surprised at all the negative reviews on this place. I was kind of scared, honestly, after reading all the reviews but my husband and I were going to Comic Con and this place had a great price and a good location.

First of all, I want to say thank you to Alex, the man who checked us in. I called him up the morning we checked in and he was very friendly and helpful, working with us to get as early a check-in time as possible. He also printed out some pages for us that we had forgotten before leaving home. He even called up to our room shortly after we checked in to make sure everything was okay. EXCELLENT customer service!

As for the rooms themselves...this is an older hotel, and you get just that. It is fairly small, nothing too fancy, but perfect for what we needed. It has a small refrigerator and microwave so it's a great way to have breakfast in the morning before heading out (the free breakfast was pretty small, basic continental). The bed was comfortable enough (I slept very well) and the bathroom was just fine. The housekeeping was excellent and our room was very clean and tended to every day.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't too picky about "Fancy" hotels and just wants a good place to sleep in a great location for San Diego, the Zoo, Sea World, Wild Animal Park, LegoLand, etc. etc. Don't expect a 4-star hotel and go into it knowing what it is, and you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATPdriven

Dear, ATPdriven

Thank you for kind and honest review, we look forward to serving you again !
Glad you had a great time and found our place convenient, comfortable, and friendly.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Unfortunately, I stayed at a bad hotel and had a horrible experience prior to coming to Ramada Limited. While I recognize that Ramada Limited is not considered a luxury hotel, it was a good experience for a decent price. It was clean and comfortable and the facilities were very accessible for someone with a minor physical disability. I would also have to compliment William, one of the night auditors. William was friendly, polite, knowledgable and willing to go the extra mile to help customers have a pleasant experience. I had the opportunity to witness William interact with a very nasty customer. He maintained his polite demeanor and made sure that other well-mannered guests were not disturbed by the unruly customer. William also set up a very nice breakfast area (much more than just the free coffee usually offered!) while still manning the front desk and phones. A daytime auditor, Scotty, was also very helpful and polite and between the two of them they ensured that my stay and accomodations were comfortable.

In looking at the other reviews, I am somewhat surprised. Guests frequently request late checkouts or simply do not vacate the rooms in a timely manner, so to blame the hotel staff for having to wait an extra 15 minutes for a room to be cleaned is not completely fair to the staff. Also, all the outlets in my room were working and I was surprised to find sensors on the lights and suggestions for water conservation - it's great to see any business doing their part to help conserve water and electricity.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and was very comfortable. William and Scotty (as well as Alex the Manager, Jessie a Daytime Auditor, and Nacho the Maintenance man) are wonderful assets to the company.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms are wonderfully equipped for people with minor to severe disabilities.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Allison P

Thank you , for taking the time in writing a review. On behalf of our entire staff we are glad you had a good experience and wish you many more with any future stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Best Western Escondido Hotel
Best Western Oceanside Inn
Best Western Oceanside Inn
#8 of 27 in Oceanside

Been to Days Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!