“10th (or more) visit...I will be back again soon!”

Days Inn San Marcos
Days Inn San Marcos
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Los Angeles, California
“10th (or more) visit...I will be back again soon!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I've been vacationing at this motel for 5 years . The staff has always been superb. The rooms are always clean when I check in.
I really appreciate the fridge/microwave. After I check in, I drive to the nearby Ralph's grocery and pick up a few things...helps me keep the cost of my vacation down.
I love the food at the restaurant on the site.
WIFI connection is excellent, and there is a computer in the lobby if you didn't bring one.

While, over the years,there have been "noisy neighbors". they've not been bad.

One tip...the ice machine occasionally runs out of ice. Since I stay here for at least three days, I "splurge" on a bag of ice when I go to the market. I keep it in the freezer compartment of the fridge in my room. That way, if the ice machine is out, I've got my stash.

Left here today (regretfully) and already have my reservations for April.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Chris B
ramadasm, General Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of all my colleagues, I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding our strong customer service. And our Apologies for the Ice Machine, We will take a look at that closely so we can better meet your needs, We certainly look forward to hosting you again when you make your next trip to
San Marcos !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed January 14, 2012

now I understand why they refer to this as a limited, even the breakfast has it's limitations. Just your basic, no frills hotel directly off the freeway. Next time I plan to spend 15 or 15 bucks more to get a higher level of accomidation. Obvisously I was not impressed with this place, it is very low on the hotel chain chart.

Room Tip: there are none, take what you get
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnthonyVA
ramadasm, General Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We apologize that this stay was less than satisfying for you, we always strive to meet our customers needs and we thank you for your patronage.

Sicnerely

Travelers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Kalispell, MT
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Flew down in a private plane to Palomar-McClellan which is fairly nearby (<1mile), our host picked us (2 guys) and check in was pleasant-good help. Room was fairly nice, with coffee, fridge, hair dryer (me high and tight ;-) They left the hall doors open which let in cool air and freeway noise, but I closed them and they stayed closed til morning. Located near a medium freeway, but noise was barely an issue. Great stay for two days. Did not use the pool, but would have liked too; too much to do. We had two nice queen beds. Good value for $130 for two nites. Breaky was ok too, and we had our host as a guest. The usual: fruit, waffles, cereal, coffee, OJ, but enough to last til lunch. And the staff was nice. In a not scary part of town. All in all, completely a thumbs up.
-Christian

Room Tip: Room 220-no smoke-and not a hint of smoke Evil smokers
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vondeliusc
Vondeliusc,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you found our location so convenient, glad you enjoyed the Breakfast and we look forward to serving you on your next plane adventure here.

Kind Regards,
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We've stayed this hotel twice, once 2 years ago , and once recently in November of 2011. Both times were good experiences.

The hotel is in an "OK" area of town, and is not the most well-kept, but it is clean, and the price is right. They also have a decent continental breakfast.

We've never had any problem, and would stay there again, when we're back to visit friends. You can pay $100 plus to be on the other side of the freeway, or you can stay at Ramada and save!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DanFam3
DanFam3,
Thank you for your kind and honest review,
it is always our goal to offer a balance of cleanliness, price, and comfort. Hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Escondido, California
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Property was a little older, but very clean...Scotty-Jesse-Kenya broke records for such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.... I recommend this hotel for anyone!!!! I have traveled thru out the states and alot of Hotels can learn from this FANTASTIC STAFF!!!

Room Tip: Stayed on bottom floor, close to office... But I bet all the room are good...:)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DOLLY G
Dolly G
Thank you for complimenting the customer service of our hotel staff, It's always a pleasure to serve you and your lovely family ( Your mom is a sweetheart ! ) hope to see you again next time your in town.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The property is older but the customer service goes a long way! We called ahead and asked if we could be upgraded to a king. They took care of us. Thank you!

Room Tip: Call ahead and make your request. If it is possible...they will make it happen.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank button082
ramadasm, General Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
button082

Thank you! for your compliments on our Customer Service,
We always do our best to meet our customers needs! and you are correct by mentioning that it is always a great Idea to call ahead to let us know of any special requests.
Thanks again
hope to see you the next time your in town.

Joe Lyn
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2011

it was clean, easy to find, nice staff, free breakfast, SMOKING was aloud .(no 300 dollar smoking fee...) I mean, I'm sick of having to buy air freshener to hide the smell and put shower cap over the smoke alarm. 60 bucks a night... well worth it!

Room Tip: ??? i don't know ... i only stayed in one room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
Super 8 Escondido
#12 of 16 in Escondido
No photo provided

Been to Days Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!