“Birthday Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Churchill's Pub and Grille
Ranked #30 of 234 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oceanside, California
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My Husband and I met after work for my birthday dinner, we had never been but heard the fish and chips were to dye for...Well they did meet up to my expectations and I have to admit they were very good. We shared and appetizer (never again, Too Much Food) and then dinner. Of course being our first time we had no idea of the portions and were stuffed after the app. I really enjoyed dinner it was a great experienc. The Beer selection is large and quite the variety to choose from. The service was good, the waitress even found the basketball game we wanted to watch on the TV for us. Great Time

• Visited February 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Fish and Chips with a Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a fun place to hang out with a friend or date and drink a beer. The Fish and Chips are pretty good and I like most of the menu. Service can be slow but they are friendly. My girlfriend tried to play pool and that was fun to watch

• Visited October 2012
San Marcos, California
“Excellent Fish and Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went to this English style pub restaurant on the recommendation of an Irish businessman we had met. We were not disappointed. My husband enjoyed the vast selection of beers. We both enjoyed the fish and chips. The fish was fresh and lightly battered. My husband could have eaten more fries. Portion was a bit small for a man but fine for me. We were able to order a side of gravy to dip our fries in, a rarity in California. Service was quick and friendly.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Excellent service, amazing beer menu and very good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We chose Churchill's for family dinner night this week. Great time! I'm a big fan of pub food, and they don't disappoint. Between us we tried the bangers & mash, cottage pie, Cornish pasty and fish & chips. Few of us were able to finish the large portions, and everyone was very happy with their choice.

More than any other one thing, the service stood out as near perfect. We were the only people on one side of the house at first, which sometimes means being forgotten, but not here. Even the greeter had no problem that half our party was late arriving - they seated me while the rest waited.

The only thing they could do to really improve is the parking. The side lot is really tight, and my sister-in-law was virtually blocked in. Granted, the restaurant can't do a lot about it, but it's only thing I'd change if I had a magic wand.

Churchill's is definitely going into our regular dinner night rotation!

• Visited October 2012
Menifee, California
“A Great Hang Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Love coming here for a beer after work, play some darts, watch some sports. Fun place to watch major sporting events. Also a good place to sit and read and have a pint in the afternoon. Great fire pit area on the back patio. Drinks are pricey but food is GOOD and reasonable. Great beers on tap, nice people to chat too. Not tons of parking get there early!

Visited December 2011