“Well prepared food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

You can't beat the fish at Fish House Vera Cruz. Overall it has a great menu, excellent selections, and good service. Prices can be a little high for the portions, but it has gotten better recently.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We started with the clam chowder which was excellent. My wife had the tilapia and I had the sole, the grilling over wood gave a great taste to the fish and kept it very moist. Lots of vegetables, in fact too many for me, but the cheese potatoes were great.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved my monkfish. Very impressed with the wide selection of fresh fish which I could see in the case of their fish market or on the grill through a window. I asked for double vegetables and got a huge portion of simple broccoli and carrots. I loved it this way, great for weight watchers. My spouse ordered a bowl of chowder which was much bigger than the usual bowl of soup at a restaurant though he was not impressed with the chowder itself. They have happy hour specials and even a gift shop.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat here several times a year and have never been disappointed. We went here with a large group once and everything went smoothly - even separate checks! The fish is always fresh and the price is right. About once a month we purchase fish here for our own table - they have a take out counter for fresh fish.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have eaten at Vera Cruz 3-4 times over the past few years. The seafood is consistently average at best, service is usually below average, and the bill is above average. If you like seafood, not the best choice.