“Great Seafood”

Fish House Vera Cruz
Ranked #3 of 238 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We started with the clam chowder which was excellent. My wife had the tilapia and I had the sole, the grilling over wood gave a great taste to the fish and kept it very moist. Lots of vegetables, in fact too many for me, but the cheese potatoes were great.

• Visited March 2014

Manhattan Beach, CA
“Great grilled fish”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I loved my monkfish. Very impressed with the wide selection of fresh fish which I could see in the case of their fish market or on the grill through a window. I asked for double vegetables and got a huge portion of simple broccoli and carrots. I loved it this way, great for weight watchers. My spouse ordered a bowl of chowder which was much bigger than the usual bowl of soup at a restaurant though he was not impressed with the chowder itself. They have happy hour specials and even a gift shop.

Visited March 2014
San Diego
“Good fish place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat here several times a year and have never been disappointed. We went here with a large group once and everything went smoothly - even separate checks! The fish is always fresh and the price is right. About once a month we purchase fish here for our own table - they have a take out counter for fresh fish.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Consistently dissapointed”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have eaten at Vera Cruz 3-4 times over the past few years. The seafood is consistently average at best, service is usually below average, and the bill is above average. If you like seafood, not the best choice.

• Visited March 2013
San Marcos, California
“Best Fish In Town”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been going to this restaurant for more than 10 years and have never had a bad meal. The fish is always fresh, excellently prepared, and done to perfection. The service is also superb. They also have a very nice gift shop and bar area to keep you busy in case there is a wait.

• Visited January 2014