“Excellent before and Now”

Lakehouse Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel has an incredibly welcoming staff, wonderful rooms, and amenities and facilities galore. The only bad thing I can say about it is we had to check out eventually. We stayed here before when it was the Quail's Inn and loved it then as well. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. On one of our visits we have had a birthday party our daughter and we all stayed a few days with her friends. The first morning we went to the restaurant they use for the room service and took out eggs benedict and rented one of the boats they have. The kids and frankly we loved it. At all times the staff was friendly and attentive. They went above and beyond for us. While I believe they are under new management, the Lakehouse continues a tradition of excellence.

Room Tip: I like the poolside lounge rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDLightpainter
Tati M, Guest Service Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

SDLightpainter, What an honor to have you with us as a return guest! It is always an absolute pleasure to welcome back previous guests to our brand new Lakehouse Hotel and Resort. Our promise is to provide personable guest service and to create lifelong memories. We hope to have you and your daughter with us again soon! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

First visit, my spouse and i stayed for the weekend and loved it, beautiful property, amazing rooms, multiple pool's and Jacuzzi' and cozy fire pits, can we ask for more? at check in we were served Champagne! didn't expect that, it was fantastic. The rooms were perfect, from the Comfy bed to the view of the Lake, to the awesome Bathroom, simply gorgeous.

We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Best view is top floor lake side, stay up late to get to see some stars reflect off the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danny M
Tati M, Guest Service Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Danny M, Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you selected Lakehouse Hotel and Resort for that special romantic escape! Our goal is to provide our guests a serene experience with our new amenities, breathtaking views, and excellent guest service. We will see you on your next getaway from Bell Gardens and thank you again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit....brought the kids with us and got a poolside lounge room. Room 1304 to be exact. Great double queen room off the pool walkway. We had a wonderful visit for the weekend. Last visit we stayed in a basic room and the poolside lounge was alot bigger with more space. I will second the previous reviewer that the cons are very few and our lock had the same issue with you having to lift the door to engage the lock, hopefully that will be fixed as I coudn't do it, my husband had to so if I were alone, safety would be a concern.
Loved our chairs outside our door to sit at and enjoy the afternoon sun reading. Great big tv with tons of channels, free wi-fi....
We did walk over to the clubhouse for lunch one day, hotel gives you a 20%off card(nice extra), not sure we would go there again as service was slow, overheard a gentleman ranting about how long his simple meal was taking(probably should have been our hint huh?) The food was typical golf cafe food, good though-will get room service next time...
Workers are all very kind and check in very quick and there was a nice gentleman who took care of us.
Pools are heated so kids enjoyed them-Saturdays is smores night,complimentary!
Area has tons of food options, movie theater, bowling alley-lots to do if you want to get away from resort.
Can't wait to go back! Hope the prices stay reasonable! Want to go somewhere that feels like a world away, book the Lakehouse!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kristig1
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

kristig1,

We are honored to have you with us as a valued repeat guest and that your second experience matched the same tones of excellence as your first with us. Our commitment to a personable guest experience second to none at an economical value will always be at our core and will never be compromised. We share in your sentiment in hoping to have you with us again in the very near future for what surely will be a beautiful Spring and Summer here on the lake. Thank you once again for being a valued repeat guest with us and for your review!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love the Lakehouse! I have never stayed anywhere that as soon as I got out of the car and walked into the lobby I felt that moment of AAAHHHHH. I spent 2 nights there and feel like i've been on a 2 week vacation I'm so relaxed. The staff from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out where amazing. The pool area was great and the lake was amazing. The kids spent most of their time renting the kayaks and water bikes. They had a blast. This is such a hidden gem and I would definatly recommend staying there if you get the chance. It's a perfect destination get away or a weekend stay-cation.

Room Tip: Reserve the water toys at check in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

millerfamili,

Thank you for choosing Lakehouse Hotel and Resort and for sharing your amazing pictures on our Trip Advisor page! Our goal since day one has been to provide a personable, refreshing escape and a deviation from the bland robotic service norms many have sadly come to accept in hospitality. Subsequently we are elated to read our team of passionate hoteliers created a memorable experience for your family during your visit. We thank you for your review and hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I and my folks stayed at Lakehouse for a 4 day visit to see family in the area, who recommended this place after their recent renovation. We welcomed a reosrt atmosphere over the standard Hampton or Courtyard chains, but had no idea how terrific this place is. I will start with the Pros's which are many. Check-in and the front desk staff were wonderful, courteous, offered complimentary champagne, provided a map of the resort with a letter from the manager on the opposite side, and proactively pointed out the complimentary wifi password which is very rare. They also had complimentary ice water and organic green tea in the lobby. We had 2 Lily Lounge rooms reserved, but I guess over the 3 nights we were staying, the last night was full, so they upgraded us to the Poolside Lounge rooms near each other. The general landscape of the facility was impeccable, clean, I even noticed a worker going around straightening out the outdoor chairs outside the poolside lounge rooms. There are 2 beautiful heated pools as well as 2 spas. Fire pits and ice machines were strategically and conveniently located throughout the property. The rooms were incredibly clean, with iHome clock radios, refridgerators, coffee makers, ironing board, and hair dryers in each lounge room as well. These beds were incredible too, I don't know if they were tempurpedic or what, but slept very well on this comfort. Now for the cons which are limited. First in my poolside lounge room, the deadbolt lock did not seat properly in the door jam, I had to slightly lift my door up to get it to engage. In the other poolside lounge where my parents were in, the bathroom door is a sliding door, and when fully closed, there was a gap on the opposite side of the door. However this was not the case in my room, the sliding door, when closed did not leave a gap on the oppposite side. And finally, the last night we were there we needed to leave early, so I tried to hit the Wake up Call button on the phone, I tried every 10 minutes for about an hour and it went to a fast busy signal. I finally just called the front desk and they set up the wake up call for me. But these cons can easily be fixed. We loved this place and will definitely stay here everytime we come to San Marcos, CA. I just hope as word gets out, that the prices do not go up, they are extremely competitive right now so I hope it stays that way. One last thing comes to mind, they do have 24 room service from the golf club across the street, which makes up for not having a free continental breakfast as most chain hotels do. But that is why this is called a Resort and hotel too. So not knocking that at all. This place really is amazing and I highly recommend it. Next trip I might reserve a cottage. Great job to Lakehouse staff, wonderful people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Texas_Traveler386
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Texas_Traveler386,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Lakehouse Hotel and Resort during your travels from Houston, Texas! We are elated you enjoyed our personable guest experience and I will be sure to pass along your praise to our entire team of passionate hoteliers. Thank you as well for providing suggestions on how we can improve our experience. I apologize you had issues with your wakeup call but am pleased our team member was able to assist you promptly. Our goal here at our brand new resort is to earn lifelong guests via an experience second to none and we are pleased to hear you will be rejoining us in what we hope is in the near future. Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Lakehouse for one night on our way to visiting San Diego. I read great reviews about this place and staying here was the best decision ever made on our one-month trip in the US. The deco is simple, modern, chic, elegant but also fun. I like the blue-grey hue of the room, which echoes the surrounding lake view and gives a true relaxing atmosphere. The choice of furniture is superb. I love the arm chair besides the bed, it's comfortable to sit on and has no sanitary concerns like chairs with fabric surface (theirs has leather/faux leather surface). What's really amazing and unforgettable is their BED! It is the most comfortable bed my husband and I have ever slept on. It has wonderful support and the linen is so soft and clean. My only regret is that we only got to stay for one night. I would definitely return to this amazing hotel if we're ever to visit again. A resort with superb quality and very affordable prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yi-Ping Lee L
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Betina L,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Lakehouse Hotel & Resort during your month long trip after reading our past reviews! We have been honored to have such a frequent and positive source of feedback from travelers such as yourself on our Trip Advisor. We are delighted your experience rang with the same tones of excellence fellow reviewers shared and that we demand from ourselves. Our Memory Foam mattresses have been a hit and provide a sleep experience that is hard to beat. I am pleased to read it was the most comfortable mattress you have ever slept on.

We share in your regretful sentiment that you were only able to join us for one night and assure you that upon your return the same economical value and commitment to a legendary guest experience awaits!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My sisters and I try to get together for a girls night at least once a year. We have been to many places but the Lake House Hotel and Resort was a hidden treasure. Upon our arrival the staff was genuine and down to earth. We stayed in one of the two bedroom cottages facing the lake and it was so comfortable, roomy and immaculate! We had two fire pits, one on our front porch and the other in the back facing the lake!

Loved the décor, with the simple lines and serene colors. I especially liked the bench style kitchen farm table. We had brought snacks and drinks which the large refrigerator accommodated everything nicely.

Later in the evening we decided to order room service which comes from Saint Mark Grill (which is owned by the same company as the Lake House). The food arrived within 10-15 minutes and was hot and delicious! Our waiter was friendly and professional.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone including locals who just want a getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeannie L
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Jeannie L,

We are elated that you selected our Four Star resort for your annual girls night and thank you for your review! The Lakehouse guest experience is centered upon genuinely personable interactions that offer a refreshing deviation from the bland robotic service norms many are sadly accustomed to while traveling. The key component in being able to successfully do so is our team of passionate hoteliers that take immense pride in the honor of creating an escape from outside daily stresses. Subsequently I am elated to read your review and that you enjoyed our hotel amenities, the team at Saint Marks and our resort as whole.

We are thrilled to read you will be back with us in the future and we thank you once again for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad

Been to Lakehouse Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!