Lakehouse Hotel & Resort
Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
$133
$126
$135
TownePlace Suites
$76
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$184
$178
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Hotels.com
$76
All reviewslake viewfire pitlakeside roomlake san marcosmemory foampontoon boatwedding weekendroom servicerooms are beautifulpool sidewonderful staybed was very comfortablebakehousepoolsdecoysmoresbugs
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Cute place for a quick escape.
The night we were staying there, the hotel had a wine and food thingy happening on the lobby.
I wish it was a little warmer so we could have enjoyed the lake. I liked it! we will be back on the summer time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laila S
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Laila S,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our new Four Star resort here on Lake San Marcos for your escape! We greatly appreciate your perfect rating regarding our personable service. Our entire team of passionate hoteliers looks forward to your return to earn that fifth circle and hopes for warmer weather, which is definitely the norm here, enabling you to take in one of our many unique amenities.

Thank you once again for your review,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was looking for a place for a staycation get away for my boyfriends birthday. I immediately thought of Temecula since I love wine & spas, but then I forgot it wasn't actually my birthday....(whoops). My boyfriend is an avid fisherman so when I saw a place with patios where he could fish right off the dock I knew it would be more of his kind of place. Just as everyone else says the hotel is gorgeous. its very hard to leave your room. I was in love! It was extremely quiet the whole time. We could sit by the firepit with cocktails all night. We did have dinner at the golf course down the street. That was the only part of the experience for me that wasn't A+. It was extremely slow service. There was only one waitress & she didn't handle her tables very well. There were only about 5 tables at the time, but it still took over 30 minutes from when we arrived to get a drink on our table. For the 2 of us drinks, appetizers, and 2 entrees ended up being $140 ( with 20% coupon from hotel). After spending $180 with tip I definitely think next time we will venture down the street to the hibachi grill they have. But we definitely will be back! I can see us heading up to the lakehouse many more times in the future! I would recommend to everyone I know!

Room Tip: You must updrade to the lakeview room. its beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tessa M
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Tessa M,

Thank you for choosing Lakehouse Hotel and Resort during your getaway from Temecula! I am elated to hear you enjoyed the tranquility and legendary guest experience we are so honored to provide here on Lake San Marcos. With our lake location, brand new property and a personable guest experience second to none the Lakehouse experience is a breath of fresh air, literally. As a resort we aim to provide this excellence in all facets and anything short of such will never be acceptable. I apologize for the wait time you had at our restaurant and I have shared this with our Food and Beverage management team. While we take full accountability I can assure you that your experience is most definitely not the norm for the talented team at The Grill. Your feedback has been shared and used for immediate rectification.

I am elated to hear you will be returning for your next quick getaway and our entire team of passionate hoteliers eagerly awaits your return!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The customer service was incredible. I genuinely believed that every employee we came in contact with genuinely wanted my boyfriend and I to enjoy our stay. We stayed four nights and would of had no problem staying longer if we had the vacation time. There are two pools and two jacuzzis so if one is being used by families couples like my boyfriend and I still have swimming options. My two favorite things about the Lakehouse Resort were the poolside grills, the fire pits for s'mores scattered around the resort, and the location on the lake. We loved kayaking. We got to see swans, ducks and lily pads.

If you're interested in checking out the old CA Missions the resort is perfectly located 25 mins from Mission San Luis Rey and San Antonio de Padua.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angmarsbane
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Angmarsbane,

I wanted to personally thank you for your review as it alludes to everything we strive to provide in our guest experience and as our Hotel Manager it brings a proud smile to my face to read! We are so appreciative to have such a talented team of genuinely passionate and talented hoteliers that take great pride in every interaction we have and in creating lifelong memories for our valued guests. When you accompany that guest experience with our serene location here on Lake San Marcos the result is a unique experience that simply is unlike any other. I am pleased to read you were able to take one of our kayaks out on the lake to take in the scenery and the wildlife which is a must while with us. I once again thank you for your review and hope to see you in the very near future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here during August to drop off son an nearby University. Decided not to stay in local hotel chain and take a chance. We were extremely glad we did. Hotel was a very cute boutique style hotel located on a small lake. We only stayed one night. We missed the s'mores by the fire pit; however, did try out the jacuzzi. It was very nice and relaxing. The room was small, but the decor and bath was very well done. I won't hesitate to stay here again, next time I am visiting my son at school.

Okay here is the important stuff:
Bed - Comfy with lots of pillows
Towels - Fluffy and large
No bathtub, but the stand-up shower was very large.
Water pressure was awesome!
Amenities in the room included: blowdryer, in-room coffee, large flat screen tv, fluffy robes

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MtnSoccerMom

MtnSoccerMom,

We are honored we could be the source of your pleasant surprise during your experience with us and thank you for your review! We aim to provide a refreshing escape from the cookie cutter chains you alluded to and take great pride in providing a personable escape from the robotic customer service many have come to sadly accept. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the area to visit your son!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Don't get me wrong... Even though the title was on the negative side, those were the things I wished the management can improve upon. Other than that, it's perfect. After reading all these 5 star reviews, I did have a higher expectation. We stayed for 2 nights and arrive late on a Friday night, Oct 18. Everything went well. We got a room with residential view at building 7. First disappointment.... the elevator wasn't renovated. It's older, slower and a bit stinky. The room was a pleasant surprise though. Loved the high ceiling with sky light windows on top. Room was big as well.
A few things that I'd like to point out.

1) WiFi connection in our room was terrible. (LAN wasn't available, otherwise I could use MacBook for WiFi hotspot). It was so spotty that loading an Amazon page took forever. Browsing on the web was impossible. Speedtest revealed speed between 0.00, 0.31, 0.66. The front desk reset the router and speed did improve to 1.07, but it was still unstable making streaming Youtube video a choppy experience.
Sprint 3G didn't help either. I switched to T-Mobile a week later and couldn't be happier. I am seeing 4G speed of 2-9MB/s at most places.

2) Somehow our room didn't have a bathmat in front of the shower door. The floor was flooded after taking a shower. I didn't want to use bath towel on the floor as it wasn't sanitary for next guests.

3) Our room only had 1 trashcan besides the TV cabinet by the $5 bottled water, and no trashcan in the bathroom. It was bit inconvenient. Should have 2.

4) Fridge didn't have a freezer compartment. We needed a cold ice pack for breast milk while we visited the SAFARI park. Had to use ice to compromise.

5) TV color was way too red. Room 7217.

Other than that, we found the room to be comfortable and relaxing. We just booked another 4 room, 2 night stay inviting relatives for Christmas break.
Hope the management hire a new IT team to improve WiFi speed throughout the resort before Dec 27.
How about offering continental breakfast to top it off?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackson H
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Jackson H,

Firstly I wanted to thank you for your review and for your perfect ratings regarding our passionate staff, value, sleep quality, rooms and our cleanliness. I also wanted to thank you for pointing out the issues you had with your experience so that we can immediately rectify them. As a new property while we aim for perfection in the cases in which we fall short we appreciate each opportunity in which we can improve. Anything less than that excellent experience you rightfully were expecting will never be acceptable to us here at our brand new resort and I wanted to personally assure you the issues you mentioned will be rectified for your upcoming stay. I am having our IT team add additional routers in building 7 to ensure increased connectivity. The fact that your room did not have a bathmat is while certainly a first is completely unacceptable and I take full accountability for our teams oversight. I have also had our IT team rectify the coloring of your set which had been adjusted; all of our televisions are brand new as are all of our amenities and I apologize the setting were tampered with.

As I alluded to previously I greatly appreciate your ratings and the fact that you are giving us another chance to earn that last circle we demand from ourselves. I can personally assure you that come December 27th your next experience will ring only with tones of excellence.