“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the first time I've been here since it opened a few months ago. It replaced Hugo's which was there for years. I didn't care for it. What an improvement! There were only a few tables filled for lunch. We were greeted with a smile the minute we walked in. I tried to order a Bloody Mary but they do not have a full bar although Bruno's did - which I don't understand - something to do with the alcohol license at their Oceanside location. They could still serve wine Bloody Marys. Oh well - the wine I had was quite good and I enjoyed it. It was their private label Merlot

We were given a lunch menu which did not have many choices and seemed a little pricey. But they also have a dinner menu that was fairly extensive and appeared to have the lunch items on it as well. I ordered Capellini pompodoro (Angel hair) from the dinner menu without meat.. It had a choice of 3 or 4 meats for an additional charge. The lunch menu had only one choice - with shrimp. But I didn't want to pay the additional $5 or more. My son ordered Spaghetti Bolognese with one very large meatball.. We each tasted the others and both agreed they were both delicious. My son said he can say without a doubt it's the best spaghetti he's ever had. I only had a bite but I tend to agree. We split a Caesar salad - without a splitting fee. I'm sure it's the best Caesar salad I've ever had!

I ate all of my salad and not quite half of my pasta and took the rest home. I also ate all my bread and olive oil/vinegar dip. It appeared to be a quarter of a round loaf Italian bread - very good. Would have been even better heated.

The restaurant has be remodeled and updated and seats a lot. Very comfortable and excellent service from Ruby (male). We will both recommend and return there

Reviewed November 14, 2013

When you mention Bolognese sauce to an American, you get some sort of blank faraway stare. Being raised by Italians from Tuscany, I learned that meat sauce was usually nothing more than some hamburger in a good tomato sauce. WRONG! I am impressed that there are now at least 3 restaurants within 20 miles that offer Bolognese. I had the Lasagne Bolognese the other night at Fratelli's in San Marcos and my mate had the Spaghetti Bolognese with very good meatballs. This sauce is vastly different than normal tomato sauce with a far superior taste and texture. They do an excellent job and I will return soon and often.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This resturant was just wonderful. The food was superb and the service was exceptional. We will be back.