“Best Pizza in North County- BY FAR!!”
Review of Blackstone Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blackstone Pizza
Ranked #122 of 245 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This place is THE BEST PIZZA in North County. Family run joint, owner covered in dough dust and pulling the tap of Stone. Very very interesting beer selection (check out the bottles and cans), great staff, but it is the pizza that will get you coming back. Thin crust, and very interesting selections. The two best (IMHO) is the Shangri-la- vegitarian, but roasted veggies with (I think) some goat cheese (?)- just fantastic. The other one we always get, and just as interesting in the 'street taco', think carnitas, with cilantro and avacodo- sounds odd, tastes amazing. We've strayed from those (buffalo chicken, Hawaiian a few different ways (comes with spam..), but always come back to those two. Out of the way over by Mission High, worth the drive. They also deliver.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Its relatively new, and in my neighborhood, so I thought I'd give it a try because some of my old favorites aren't worth going to any longer -- you know, increasing prices, decreasing portions (its the economy stupid!!! LOL).

Anyhoo. . .I've ordered their food three times (twice in their store, once a take out). Two out of the three times I had significant intestinal distress.

On the positive side, have to say they have a great thin crust (I love bread though, and actually like my crust a little more substantial), reasonable specials and a nice beer selection.

However, there isn't much in the way off cheese or toppings on their pies.

The restaurant has an interesting design, and if you like a lot of reflected noise (the interior is hard, curved wood that just amps up sound), then you'll enjoy it. If you are looking for a nice quite meal, and there are kids present, forget it.