“We have been going here for years”

San Marcos Brewery & Grill
Ranked #30 of 247 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Menu is consistent, quality of food is good; service is generally good. Micro-brews are good; but ask for a sample before placing an order. I really like the tortilla soup; fish and chips are also great (according to my daughter who is a self proclaimed Fish & Chips expert). We have never been disappointed with any of our food selections.

1  Thank Jim B

Reviewed February 17, 2013

San Marcos Brewery really needs a makeover, it always makes me feel blah. The interior is drab and boring and that does not make you want to stay, hang out and drink, which is really too bad. I cant say much about the food other than the appetizers because this review is only based on what we had at the bar while we drank. The garlic cheese bread was ok, a little doughy but alright. My husband loved his rattle snake shrimp, he said they were cooked well and the sauce was very good. We shared a flight of all the beers and I recommend that you do the same. They have beers for all tastes, my favorite was the Hefe.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I stopped by for lunch on January 24th. I had never been before and the interior was beautifully done!! We shared a calamari sandwich which was fantastic!! Reminded me of the old days down at The Fish House West in Cardiff when they had them in the 70's. A complete calamari steak these days are very had to find as you usually always get the tentacles which most restaurants consider calamari. Was very impressed with this restaurant and would go back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Prefer happy hour over dinner. Last two times for dinner, hit and miss. The interior is showing its age and table even though cleaned remained sticky. Friendly service.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stopped by the San Marcos Brewery and Grill to fill up my growler on many occasions; they brew excellent beers including a couple of hand pumped ales. We also have eaten there a few times and find the food very tasty and affordable. Highly recommended for a pub experience.