“Great Indian Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I discovered Curry and More, via Trip Advisor. If I had not read the rave reviews, I would never guessed that an Indian restaurant of this quality would be housed in a glorified strip mall (Nordstrom's Rack) in San Marcos. I've been there twice now and am looking forward to taking other friends there soon. Last night we tried the Bhelpuri Chaat, an appetizer based on, of all things, puffed rice! It sounds strange, but it was delicious! We also had a shrimp curry made with coconut milk, and saag paneer. Because each main dish is accompanied by two side dishes, for. us, this was plenty. All of the dishes were perfectly spiced. By the way, we asked for a number two on a 1-10 scale for spice/heat and it still had a bit of kick. I would recommend you do the same, unless you like your food really spicy. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have been to this place several times over the last few years. It has been consistently good. The food is delicious, the place always looks very clean, and the service is personal. I often take my American friends and also Indian visitors to North County San Diego to sample the great fare at this restaurant. I like the fact that they have reasonable prices at lunchtime and that they have avoided the generic buffet offered by other Indian restaurants.One of my favorite dishes is the hyderabadi lamb biryani with the raita.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you like your food mild, this place might be okay (I don't know - just based on reviews here). However, if you like your food with a bit of kick, this restaurant is all over the place.

Also, the owner (and son) are rude and arrogant. Based on other reviews, sounds like they can threaten violence as well.

1  Thank HenryT2
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I've tried almost all Indian restaurants in San Diego this one is the most authentic. Every menu item is delicious as I've tried them ALL. Fast service which is normally a problem at Indian restaurants. They also are spot on on how spicy you want your food. Only negative I can think of is you have to order rice as a side.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This was probably the best indian food i have had in the united states after dining in at very high end indian food restaurants.If you are ever in the area or even closer to san diego this place ia definitely worth a visit.
I wish they open up closer to us.
Simply terrific.