“Great Location for San Diego North County”

Hampton Inn San Marcos
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great staff, convenient location for visiting family and friends in North County. We have stayed here many times and never been disappointed with the hotel or staff. This last trip our luggage did not arrive on the same plane we had but it was no problem having it delivered to the hotel and the front desk staff was great at notifying us of it's arrival. The fruit at breakfast really hit the spot and the variety of breakfast choices was good for our 8 day stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed Christmas Day to New Years Eve and the Hampton Inn was like a home away from home. The room was clean and roomy. We had comfy beds and plenty of clean towels. But our favorite part was the breakfast--fresh citrus and a wide variety of hot foods changing daily along with all of the other typical hotel breakfast items. I also appreciated hot coffee in the carafes all day. Breakfast until 10 am allowed us a leisurely start to our day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my first stay at the Hampton, San Marcos. I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the area and I have to say that for the price I believe the Hampton is the way to go. The hotel is very nice & clean. The staff was very polite and professional. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for 5 nights. It is located very close to the highway entrance/exit making it convenient. I also found that there were many restaurants located minutes from the hotel that didn't require you to drive on the highway which is a plus since there always seemed to be a lot of traffic. I did hear the traffic noise from my room. The hotel had a lot of parking available. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful always offering us ideas of local restaurants. The hotel is a typical Hampton. The room size was adequate and the room was clean. The hotel is not far from the new Palomar West Medical Center.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The room was as the freeway exit making it easy to come and go. There is a gas station and station across the street which is also nice. The Desk staff was very happy but the room was a bit noisy because there were unsupervised kids a few doors down. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a nice hotel. The exterior with fountain was pleasant.
The interior lobby with stone wall and flat screen TV was nice.
There was a fridge and microwave in my room.
...plenty of towels and my bathroom counter was adequate in size.
The exercise room was clean and also adequate.
The location was convenient....near the highway and many stores.
I stayed 2 nights.
Lucas and Derek at the desk were very pleasant.
There was only one elevator.
The bathroom door and walls in my room were a bit grimy....It was probably just the room that I had.
There was not an odor (good or bad) in my room.
The curtain did not cover the window well. (see photos.)
The bed was comfortable...but, pillows were not.
All and all it was a pleasant stay....I would stay here again.
:-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Recently spent three nights at this property. It is easy on and off from the highway with plenty of food establishments nearby. 5 minutes from Cal State San Marcos if you are doing business on campus. The property was clean, up to date, with a helpful front desk staff. Free breakfast was a typical Hampton breakfast in a comfortable lobby area. Great place for business or a family. Will stay there again when I am back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Best Western Escondido Hotel
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County

Been to Hampton Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!