“convienient location”

Hampton Inn San Marcos
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is clean and private but small. I chose it because the location was convenient. I think the breakfast eating area needs to be expanded to accommodate the hotel guest comfortably. Hotel staff was friendly and knowledgeable. My room located on the third floor was very clean and the furniture was of current date. I wish the hotel would include a microwave for travelers since there is no diner restaurant on the property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our family one stop stay each time we come to San Marcos to visit our college daughter. The staff goes the extra mile to accommodate our needs. We have three more years of visits and plan to stay here every time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Over all this Hotel is one of the Best Hamptons that I stay at when I travel to this aera for Business or Personel use. Food always good, Rooms always clean and staff nice, Helpful with directions or most anything that is needed dering the stay. I recomind this hotel to anyone that needs a Clean and Frendly Hotel in Northern San Diego County.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was staying at this hotel with family for a wedding, I made all the reservations as I am the travel agent of the family. I worked with Lucas in coordinating the rooms and the reservations, he was so helpful and was able to get all of our rooms near one another. I thought his customer service skills were up to par with any Hilton brand hotel.

The hotel itself was fine, the rooms were very clean and the tv was great! I only wish they had refrigerators and microwaves in all of the rooms......

One huge plus is the crib they had brought up to our room, at many hilton brand hotels the crib is actually a pack n' play which my picky infant wont' sleep in. However here it is an actual crib, which is always a plus in my book!

Room Tip: Communicate with the front desk and realize that if you want a specific room type (a king bed, non s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were in town for a funeral. the staff was helpful, the rooms were comfortable and clean. the breakfast was good, and different each day. coffee was always available. we will be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This was a return visit (my 6th or 7th time). Checking in was quick and efficient. The person at reception was very nice and cheerful (fun). The room is modern and clean. The work chair is wonderful. Lots of parking. Great area with many stores and restaurants very close. Right off the highway with little traffic even in rush hour.

In short - enjoyed my stay. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have trouble walking very far and the manager got us a room that was close to the lobby and the parking lot. I was very grateful. I have been traveling for years and this was the first hotel that toke me serious when I said that I needed a room close by to everything. Everything was very neat and clean. A very nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Best Western Escondido Hotel
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County

Been to Hampton Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!