Stayed here on recent trip to Legoland. Hotels in Carlsbad all sold out for the holiday. Paid $140/n with AAA discount. This is probably the worst hotel we have stayed in the past 3 years.
1. clean room/bathroom
2. nice breakfast
3. coffee in the lobby
4. good shower pressure with warm water
5. check in/check out was painless
6. free parking
7. good wifi connection
8. close to a lot of good eateries
9. close to Legoland, beaches, Premium Outlets
3. NOISY. Can hear eveything from the hallway, from the outside windows, from the neighboring rooms. Every room's from door slams with each entry. Our room literally shook every time our neighbor let their door slam. There is ~1 inch gap between the front door and the carpet. Really, Hampton Inn?!? Why not install some rubber flaps to cushion the noise? Noise was so bad, it was hard to get to sleep and when we got to sleep, was awoken by more noise.
4. Breakfast room is tiny. Better get there early.
5. Reserved a King bed room but on arrival was told that they sold those rooms out.
6. Laundry room has exactly one washer and one dryer. Cost $1 for each use. No change machine. I was able to get change at a nearby laundromat.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Marcos Hotel San Marcos
- San Marcos Hampton Inn