“Exceptional Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Best Italian food I've had in North County San Diego. Wonderful service, they make you feel special. Lovely relaxing atmosphere and best ever Eggplant Parmesan. Both soup and salad come with your meal and desserts are amazing! Reasonable prices for what you get here.

There are newer reviews for Carmela Cucina Italiana

Reviewed October 5, 2013

What looked like a dead end at the end of an Industrial area proved to be an incredible gem. Carmela Cucina was a delight from the green oasis at the front door, a riot of plants & flowers, to Carmela greeting us at the hostess station. We were lucky enough to have Francios as our knowledgable, great waiter. He explained the night's special so well, I ordered a non pasta dish at an Italian restaurant! It was a steak, shrimp, langoustine, presentation over asparagus with eggplant chips.i. It was delicious. Nibbles of my husband's Alfredo with scallops & shrimp, & my sister's Veal Piccata made me wish there was a tasting plate of all the entrees. A delicious dinner was had by all!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and college age son with his girlfriend came here to celebrate his 19th birthday while in the area over the weekend. Recomended by the hotel, we came here and were not disappointed. The atmosphere is very old school Italian restaurant.....looks like a very proud Italian family runs this place, and takes pride in their service and food. Our son had lasagna, the wife and I split some eggplant parmessan to see how it compared to our own families recipe. Well, my wifes has met it's match here.....it was fantastic. They even brought a creme brule to our son for his birthday.....it was the best any of us had ever had, they put some canoli filling on the side, and that was the best we'ver ever had as well. We were all very impressed. Great job here......I felt like family.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a quality italian dining experience, with fresh seafood and so many choices of homemade pasta's you will find something that tingles your palet for sure.

1  Thank mary r
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've been to this restaurant several times. The eggplant soup was great, salad was plain and it had too much dressing, ask for it on the side. We all had pasta dishes and they were good, not great. The bread they serve is just ok. The prices are fair and include soup and salad. Service was very good and the atmosphere is pleasant.