“Best Breakfast in North County”

Mama Kat's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 245 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent Service! The people actually seem like they enjoy their jobs. Very good experience.

Food is outstanding. Large menu.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I went there on a whim after reading the great reviews for the restaurant. It turned out to be a wonderful little breakfast place in San Marcos. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming and we thoroughly enjoyed the country style breakfast cooking.

Parking may be a challenge on busy weekends and special holidays but they never hurry you out of the place and always keep your coffee filled.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you're hungry and don't exactly know what you want, Mama Kay's is the place to go. Three of us filled out tummies full, all with totally different breakfasts from this huge breakfast menu. There are choices to keep you coming back for a year, friendly staff, a clean restaurant and GOOD food. Hurry, it's great!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Well my father moved back to San Marcos and not very far from this restaurant which is totally convienant for us since we really enjoy sitting down to a good meal and talking this is a family operated business, its very clean and the staff is awesome and friendly even the people in the neighborhood are nice.. cant wait to get back again this will be my 3rd time at this place. Love it

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was there in April 2013 on a vacation with family. As breakfast is one of my favorite meals, I always try to find a stand out place. After reading the reviews, I went on a weekday in the mid-morning. Yes, the place is not the fanciest or newest but is focused on the food. From scratch, and with attention to getting it right.

Friendly service and a genuinely caring attitude. We even got to meet Kristen (the woman behind the chili) and the son who's making sure we liked what we got. Save room for pie, it really is a cut above the rest! We took home one for dessert later that day and it was SO good that we had no leftovers the next day and had to return to get another one. Definitely worth the stop when you're in San Marcos, CA.