“Breakfast with my Daddy”

Mama Kat's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Well my father moved back to San Marcos and not very far from this restaurant which is totally convienant for us since we really enjoy sitting down to a good meal and talking this is a family operated business, its very clean and the staff is awesome and friendly even the people in the neighborhood are nice.. cant wait to get back again this will be my 3rd time at this place. Love it

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was there in April 2013 on a vacation with family. As breakfast is one of my favorite meals, I always try to find a stand out place. After reading the reviews, I went on a weekday in the mid-morning. Yes, the place is not the fanciest or newest but is focused on the food. From scratch, and with attention to getting it right.

Friendly service and a genuinely caring attitude. We even got to meet Kristen (the woman behind the chili) and the son who's making sure we liked what we got. Save room for pie, it really is a cut above the rest! We took home one for dessert later that day and it was SO good that we had no leftovers the next day and had to return to get another one. Definitely worth the stop when you're in San Marcos, CA.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great country breakfast cooking. The Eggs Benedict are the best I have had anywhere including The Savoy in London. The hash browns are done crisp brown and taste like home cooked. Coffe is piping hot and always refilled to perfection. Friendly wait staff and all make you feel like home and want to come back. Excellent overall!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Despite good reviews nothing can change how incredibly slow this place is. The food is decent some of the time but a lot of mistakes. ,Sad to say it has gone downhill since they have changed names. They were always slow but since the son has the reins this place has gone downhill and courtesy is not his watchword. Did I say slow? I just do not get it. Wait the pie is very good.

1  Thank SDLightpainter
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After hearing raves about Mama's from a work associate and reading reviews here, I had high expectations. The initial impression in the door met those expectations, with a down-home atmosphere and a friendly staff greeting. It was downhill from there. The place was not crowded on a Saturday morning at 7:00am, yet the service was slow. If you like a cup of coffee, processed ham, egg shells in your eggs, a thimble-size cup of fruit and a cinnamon roll for $15.50, this is the place for you. Credit where credit is due, the cinnamon roll was huge and tasty, but it's not enough to cause a return or a recommendation to a friend. There are lots of better breakfast options in a 15-mile radius; try them.

2  Thank hangdawg