“Good burgers, even better Fries”
Review of Five Guys

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Five Guys
Ranked #72 of 258 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was in New York for a month when I ran into this joint in WestChester county. The burgers are pretty good, but the Cajun fries are amazing. Good switch up burger spot, and when I found they were in San Marcos I smiled and made my way over there last week for lunch. Thanks for brining these burgers to the west coast!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I think this place is going to be just like krispy kream doughnuts. They are opening them everywhere and lots of buzz. But after you try it and the buzz dies down, it's just not that good. overpriced burgers are too big, and they are really bad for you. In N out has nothing to worry about. In 5 years these places will be gone and forgotten.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We heard all the hype about this place but we were very disappointed. If you are looking for something other than a burger or hot dog, don't go there - there is nothing else! And their burgers are ok, but nothing special that would cause us to go back.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family decided to try Five Guys last Sunday as we had heard the buzz about this new place in town. Basic burger place with free peanuts when you walk in. But, sadly disappointed for a walk-in only place where you could not order a beer with your burger. Soft drinks and iced tea only.

The place was packed. We walked up and placed our orders. Basically you pick a burger and then order your customized toppings. Liked that. Simple menu similar to in-n-out but more pricey. All orders, regardless of whether you dine in or take-out, are served in a bag.

The loud music was just obnoxious. and I like music, but it was just too loud, even where we sat on the outdoor patio. My husband asked if they would turn it down but they wouldn't.

We most likely won't go back but will opt for Nessie Burgers or In-n-out for our burger fix.

1  Thank sulphursister
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place reminds me A LOT of In-N-Out. Even the color scheme is the same. I love how the menu is set up - you choose your toppings. Mayo, relish, onions, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, A.1.® steak sauce, bar-b-q sauce, and hot sauce. The patty itself is thick and juicy. They also have veggie patties available for vegetarians.

What this place is missing is a thousand island-ish type sauce. That would give this burger place a fifth star. They have free peanuts that are great to snack on while waiting for your food. It's a little on the pricey side for being a burger place. Everything is offered a la carte, no combos here. The cajun fries are flavorful and not too spicy. You get a healthy portion of fries, good enough to share.

Overall, it's a good burger place. Nothing stands out as amazing though. It's not good enough for me to abandon In-N-Out. :)