Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
$131
$139
$118
TownePlace Suites
$75
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$119
Staybridge.com
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$106
$102
Hotels.com
$66
All reviewsfront deskfull size fridgeone bedroom suiteeasy freeway accessyogurtevening receptionhot breakfastfavorite hotelsitting areafree breakfastminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

From check-in to check-out I couldn't have been happier with my stay at this hotel. There was a minor hiccup our first night, the tv in one of the bedrooms wasn't working. Since that was going to be where the kids were going to sleep this could have been a catastrophe! I called down and spoke with Daniel at the front desk, he mentioned that it was probably an issue with the batteries and said he would bring some right up. I happened to mention that I forgot my razor so Daniel also brought up a razor and shaving cream! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the area!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Danica & Daniel from the front desk went out of their way to handle every detail of my stay. Linda was also very helpful in locating areas of interest for me. The staff was always attentive to my needs and requests. This level of customer service is appreciated and valued. There was no request that went without their resolution. Even when it took going to several other rooms to find the pillow that were not feather, Danica spent the time to seek them out and then we went through them together to make sure they met my needs. Daniel kept me in keys and always had directions printed for me when asked. He was sure to point out shortcuts and how to avoid traffic. Linda pointed me to the best stores for specific shopping needs and gave me an overview of the area.

The property is just off the highway for easy access. Just a short walk is a major mall with all of the stores you would need, including grocery and restaurants.

The property is new, and very clean. The hot breakfast offered several selections and a good variety. The happy hours brought even a greater variety of the local flavor of area restaurants.

I would gladly stay here again and recommend it to friends and coworkers.

Room Tip: Rooms on East side are quieter than those on West side.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Steve Diaz (the manager) and his team went out of their way to ensure we were totally taken care of here! Although we missed the managers BBQ, Steve had gone out to buy veggie burgers for my friend who doesn't eat beef!! He is attentive and customer focused which is refreshing. I hope that you get to enjoy his hospitality as we did!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos on a business trip last week. This hotel is located right off of a highway, and unfortunately has very little other travel type businesses such as restaurants, shopping, etc., within a close proximity. There is a mall on the other side of the freeway, however, but it does require you to drive or take a walk under the freeway to get there. The hotel is relatively new, and is in the "highrise" style of some of the newer Residence Inns, meaning that it is not the "condo-style" hotels from the last decade.

Front desk was friendly and helpful, and check in was very quick and efficient. The breakfast was not bad, but not up to Residence Inn quality with the variation of food and taste.

My main complaint and the reason I am rating this hotel lower than typical Residence Inns is that the bed was very uncomfortable. I stayed at four different Residence Inns and two Marriott Hotels in the last two weeks, and quite frankly, the beds left my back sore and felt cheap with little padding. When I complained at the front desk, the comment in return was that they were "new beds and needed some breaking in." Just not what I was expecting in return.

Bottom line is that if you stay in a hotel and have a bad nights sleep due to the bed, you simply cannot rate the hotel a 3.

Room Tip: Try another one of the Residence Inns down the road towards San Diego, such as San Bernardo or Poway.
1  Thank DeanG697
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Daniel B. was the best. He took the time to treat us like we were VIP's. I hope that he is appreciated by his manager. Like I said this guy is a keeper. I know of no better hotel to stay at in this area. I would like to personally thank him and Nicole for there hospitality. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Again thanks again Residence Inn of San Marcos.
Russell Sanderson.

Room Tip: Make reservations....this place fills up fast.