Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
$132
$149
$127
TownePlace Suites
$89
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$174
$169
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$121
$117
$66
All reviewsfront deskfull size fridgeone bedroom suiteeasy freeway accessyogurtevening receptionhot breakfastfavorite hotelsitting areafree breakfastminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandwedding
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Brand spanking new; really nice contemporary interior. The manager that helped check me in was very nice. Stay included a full dinner with the price. Freeway close and in a decent area. The room was very spacious; will stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cyclingsanchez
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great hotel,clean ,friendly staff,huge rooms with all the comforts of home.My only complaint was the noise from the freeway. I asked for a quiet room and we were on the east side of the hotel and the freeway noise was constant. I don't know if that was the quiet side,and if it was there wasn't one.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side,it may not be as noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear arcoccia,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! Being an avid reviewer on Tripadvisor is also greatly appreciated! I understand their were some disturbances in your guest suite. On behalf of our hotel, I deeply apologize for any inconveniences caused. I will be utilizing your feedback to work towards improving our guest offerings and environment. Thank you for your time to review your experience at our hotel and please have a great week.
Warm Regards,

Josh Lujan

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our family enjoyed this hotel very much.. The location was great for getting to the beach and the Botantical Garden. The mall across the street has many restaurants and a grocery store (Sprouts). My only complaint was the staff interactions. We didn't find them very friendly and the young woman serving wine/beer at the manager's reception on Wednesday night was quite rude. My husband simply asked if they had any Zinfandel and she went on a 2 minute monologue about how the wine was free and if you wanted something else there were bars around. It was embarassing and we were shocked speechless. This interaction was shocking and not something I would expect from a Marriott employee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and modern. The breakfast is TERRIBLE. We were at the buffet within an hour of it opening. Guests were frustrated and angry that the food containers were empty or contained burnt food. People complained to the front desk and one person finally came out and put some pancakes in the container but by then most had just had some cereal and left. Even the big heated oatmeal container held luck warm oatmeal. The toaster barely worked. Have stayed at many Residence Inn's that are quite a bit older and always had plenty of choices and the food was always hot and well stocked. Even the coffee containers in the lobby were empty and never refilled until the morning. Something is definetly wrong. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and Made us feel very welcome. Hopefully the management will fix this issue because there is no breakfast place close by and we ended up leaving early on our last day so we could stop to eat.

• Stayed: March 2012
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback, more especially being an avid reviewer on Tripadvisor.com. I understand there were some true areas of opportunity at our hotel. On behalf of our hotel and management team, I deeply apologize for not providing the experience you have come to expect from a Residence Inn by Marriott hotel. I will be utilizing your feedback to improve on our Food & Beverage Operation and offerings. I am glad to hear that the you enjoyed your guest suite, our Housekeeping Team works so hard to maintain our rooms standards each and every day. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope you will give us another chance to create a great experience during future trips to San Marcos, CA. Please have a great week.

Hotel General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2012

With two small boys (ages 4 and 2), we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay at! We loved that there was a refrigerator and microwave there. I was able to store milk, juice, and a few food containers that we brought along with us in case the boys were fussy and we didn't have time to go to a restaurant. It was also nice that they had complimentary breakfast buffet included. It's nothing spectacular (eggs, toast, cereal, milk, muffin, juice, sausage, etc.) but the kids enjoyed it. They room had a very comfortable king size bed and they were able to get me a playpen (not too comfy...unfortunately) for the little one to sleep in. Our room was facing the busy street and we didn't hear any noise from the traffic or from the rooms beside ours (the a/c was humming and gave the boys some nice white noise to mask any traffic if there was any...).

If I can offer any suggestions, I would say to the front desk to be more knowledgable about the attractions nearby. I asked a few questions about Legoland and they weren't that helpful. Being so close to this attraction, I would have thought they can guide out-of-towners alittle more. I basically just got a list of attractions and hotels nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Greetings,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us! Our team really appreciates hosting your family during your most recent trip to the Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos. I understand that there were some areas of improvement for our team and for our offerings. I will be sure to discuss with our Front Office/Concierge Team on area attractions, in hopes that we can be more insightful when questions are asked. I am also in process of reviewing our Food & Beverage offerings to pinpoint additional areas of opportunity. We hope to improve on your next experience at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to San Marcos, CA. Please have a wonderful day.
Warm Regards,