“Definitely will stay again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Valencia
“Definitely will stay again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

With two small boys (ages 4 and 2), we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay at! We loved that there was a refrigerator and microwave there. I was able to store milk, juice, and a few food containers that we brought along with us in case the boys were fussy and we didn't have time to go to a restaurant. It was also nice that they had complimentary breakfast buffet included. It's nothing spectacular (eggs, toast, cereal, milk, muffin, juice, sausage, etc.) but the kids enjoyed it. They room had a very comfortable king size bed and they were able to get me a playpen (not too comfy...unfortunately) for the little one to sleep in. Our room was facing the busy street and we didn't hear any noise from the traffic or from the rooms beside ours (the a/c was humming and gave the boys some nice white noise to mask any traffic if there was any...).

If I can offer any suggestions, I would say to the front desk to be more knowledgable about the attractions nearby. I asked a few questions about Legoland and they weren't that helpful. Being so close to this attraction, I would have thought they can guide out-of-towners alittle more. I basically just got a list of attractions and hotels nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Greetings,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us! Our team really appreciates hosting your family during your most recent trip to the Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos. I understand that there were some areas of improvement for our team and for our offerings. I will be sure to discuss with our Front Office/Concierge Team on area attractions, in hopes that we can be more insightful when questions are asked. I am also in process of reviewing our Food & Beverage offerings to pinpoint additional areas of opportunity. We hope to improve on your next experience at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to San Marcos, CA. Please have a wonderful day.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Los Angeles,California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is new and very clean. I would recommend it. It is especially nice for families.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ventura, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

We’ve stayed here twice in the past 6 months and both times stayed in a one-bedroom suite. Although it’s a decent place (nothing spectacular), we won’t stay here again due to noise issues. One our first visit (June 2011) we were on a lower floor. The walls/ceilings seemed VERY thin. There was a lot of noise from the room above us – so much that it woke us up early 2 days in a row. This was more than just typical hotel noise you hear when you have people above you. We could every footstep LOUDLY and the noise was constant. I also noticed that when I was inside the room I could feel the floors shake if somebody walked down the hallway outside the room. I believe these problems are due to flimsy construction, as I have not noticed these issues in other hotels.

On our second visit (Nov 2011), I specifically booked a top floor room to avoid this problem. Unfortunately, the room we got was an end-unit that directly overlooked the freeway off ramp. The traffic noise was a real problem. There was very little sound buffering – you could hear everything from outside. I’m surprised that a hotel so close to a freeway would not have better soundproofing. I am a light sleeper, and even with my earplugs, I was woken up every time a loud truck or car drove by. I should mention that my husband and daughter, who are sound sleepers, did not have a problem with the traffic noise.

I will say that the staff here is friendly and polite. The rooms are in good condition because this is new construction. For the most part, the rooms are pretty clean. However, the cleaning could have been a bit more thorough. When we checked in there was a lot of hair on the bathroom floor, dog hair on the couch and staples on the floor that had fallen out of the sofa sleeper.

All in all, this is not a bad place but not ideal if you’re looking for a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not overlook the freeway offramp
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hazelr77
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Greetings hazelr77,
I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to San Marcos, CA. I really do appreciate your comments, I will be sharing your concerns with our team and our ownership in order to brainstorm ways in which we can resolve all issues you had mentioned. We're constantly working to pinpoint better ways to operate and better serve our guests. Receiving a good nights rest is something that we expect all of our guests to experience. I also appreciate your positive team member comments, we work very hard to ensure that we accommodate each guest at every available opportunity. My hope is that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. I would suggest one of our Two Bedroom Suites, which are typically located in the center of the hotel (East or West facing), these rooms are large enough to accommodate a family and because of their location, tend to be quieter. Thank you so much for your feedback and for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos, please have a wonderful week.

Josh Lujan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Breakfast and dinner provided mon-thur with breakfast on the weekends. Rooms are very spacious with fantastic kitchenette and full size fridge. Staff is excellent.

• Stayed January 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My fiance and I had an absolutely lovely time at the Residence Inn in San Marcos. We found the staff welcoming and the accommodations to be superb. The room we stayed in was not only comfortable, but entirely elegant. The overall design of our suite reminded us of a sophisticated NY apartment right out of Dwell magazine.

Furthermore the amenities far surpassed anything we expected. The kitchen in our suite was well stocked with dishes, silverware, a dishwasher, a full sized refrigerator, a coffee maker, and more. There's a nice sized pool and spa off the main floor as well as a billiard room and a really great fitness room. And everything is new!

And the most important part of my overnight stay at any hotel -- despite its close proximity to the highway, it was really quiet. Beyond being tastefully designed hotel with terrific amenities, it's a solid structure with thick walls.

As we're having our wedding in the San Marcos area this October, we've checked out all the other local hotels and nothing comes close to the quality the Residence Inn offers. The general manager, Josh Lujan, has been terrific in getting back to us on any question or concern we've had. The sales coordinator, Rachael Blasko, has been really wonderful too. As a result, we're in the mist of arranging to have this hotel be lodging the headquarters for our guests and we're excited to know that they will have a really nice hotel stay during our wedding weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Spanish Fork, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

It was a short family trip but the room was the best we've stayed in. My son asked if this was a 5 star hotel and I said, "Yes, it was." My wife also loved the place. They had a crib set up in our room and it was an excellent suite. The pool was a great size for a family and they provided a shower out by the pool and drinking fountains too. I love the kitchen with the microwave, stove top and full size fridge (along with a dishwasher). The sofa bed was great for the kids. It's convinently located close to a bunch of restaurants (within 5-7 min walking distance). I would especially like to compliment the two ladies that were at the front desk when we checked in (1/12/2012). They were EXTREMELY professional and helpful (I wish I would've asked their names). Also, you can't beat a free, hot breakfast buffet. The only concern I had was with the pool table...I missed a lot of easy shots that I normal make on the pool game on my kindle fire. Can you check to see that the table is level and the balls are regulation? :) When we come to San Diego, this is the only hotel we'll stay at and we'll definately recommend it to our family and friends. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SpideyFan7
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear SpideyFan7,
Thank you so much for allowing us to host your recent stay! I am so glad that you took advantage of our facility amenities. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team, they really do love to hear both positive and constructive feedback! I will have our Maintenance Team look into the leveling of our Billards Table, as a matter of fact, we have a Billiards shopt just 3 miles from us. I will call and discuss how to properly set the table to regulation settings. In addition, I'll ask about the regulation balls and see if we can maintain a more competetive product for our guests. Please stay tuned, we will be installing new material for the table-top prior to summer! Thank you so much for your honest and candid feedback, I cannot tell you how helpful it is to our hotel team. We look forward to seeing you again soon, please have a great 2012!
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Usually love Marriott beds. These were so uncomfortable! Other than that, great stay.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SANMCManager, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear mamaduck131,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent hotel experience. Understanding that you are a Top Contributor on Tripadvisor.com, our hotel team realizes your comments require closer attention. Guests such as yourself, really help shape our service culture and the accommodations we provide each and every day. Our team does work tirelessly to improve on our guests overall experience, each and every visit.

Although our beds still may be considered new, I will be taking your feedback and sharing it with the Marriott Design Team, as the bed types are part of a standard design package. In addition, I will be working with our maintenance and housekeeping team's to confirm all guest suite beds are maintaining a correct mattress rotation cycle. This helps to ensure an even and comfortable nights rest for our guests. I appreciate you sharing candid feedback, as it is so important to our continued improvement. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad
#26 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos? Share your experiences!