“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Elephant Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Elephant Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, American, Bar, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Elephant Bar Restaurant is a scratch-kitchen specializing in globally-inspired dishes and traditional, American fare. Our food is all made from scratch using the best, locally-sourced ingredients available. All of our cocktails are made fresh when you order, handcrafted in-house by our mixologists. Brunch is offered on weekends 10am-2pm with brunch cocktails, patio dining, and delicious specialty brunch entrees. We've kept the same, great Elephant Bar Restaurant exclusives you've come to love...but made them better, using only made-from- scratch methods and high-quality ingredients. Better menu items, new craft cocktails, new wine list, and new brunch cocktails. We've completely evolved.We can't wait to see you soon!
San Marcos, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

They have the most extensive menu I've ever seen. Takes a long time to get through it. The food is just OK. I always have a coupon which makes it a good value Good lettuce wraps. Service has always been excellent. Always there for lunch and have never had to wait. But it's very noisy - which is why I only rate it average. Not a place to go for a quite conversation.

• Visited September 2012

Solana Beach, California
“Average. Great food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The wait was disappointingly long, and I don't have a problem waiting, I just wish they would have told us a more accurate waiting time. The food was great, as always. I feel the staff could be a little more efficient though. The place loses excitement every time I go, I feel. I wish there were certain ways they could switch things up every once and a while.

San Marcos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was one that would frequent with friends regularly. This last experience was UNBELIEVABLE !.. We noticed a change in bartenders so one in our group (65yr-m)asked to speak with manager, he wanted to comment on their change of crew & a noticeable negative difference we had. Young lady manager was unable to accept the critisism - requested we leave- and she called the police.
So uncalled for..are you kidding, Really,. 4 police cars !

Visited September 2012
Oceanside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughter received an award from her teacher for a free kids meal at Elephant Bar. I had never been there before but have heard great things so figured we would check it out as my daughter was really proud of her award. When we arrived the girl at the front desk told us they were on a 20 minute wait and when my daughter showed her the award the hostess made a big deal about it and told my daughter she would get a special table all ready for her since she was an award winner. Let me tell you that made the 20 minute wait with a hungry 6 year old fly by. My daughter was so excited to have her "special" table set up that she was an angel while we waited. Our "Special Table" was a great booth in the back with a window and my daughter could not stop smiling. Our waiter was named Ricardo and he immediately hit it off with my daughter telling her he was honored to be waiting on such a special guest. She just ate it up. at this point we decided to start off with the calamari appetizer and when it came it was very good and even my daughter ate some and she never likes calamari! We ordered her a chicken citrus salad and may I say how refreshing it is to have an option for something other than a burger or hot dog for kids. My husband ordered the bbq salmon and i ordered an ahi salad. My husband raved about the salmon saying I had to try a bite and i must admit it was very good but not as good as my ahi salad! All in all this wa a perfect evening out for my family. my daughter wa made to feel special by the staff and the food quality was superb and to top it all off dinner and drinks were less than $38.00 (we did get our daughter meal free). Great food, outstanding service and a nice value. In todays economy these are 3 things that will bring us back again and again to the elephant Bar.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shannon C
Encinitas, California
“Great personality...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Elephant Bar is one of my favorite places to go. Food is great, service is exceptional, atmosphere is fun and interesting! I think the thing that has always impressed me is how incredible the servers are. Have you ever heard the expression "professional server"? They are amazing and it is so refreshing to watch them work and take so much pride in giving great customer service!

Visited August 2012