“Classic Philly Cheesesteak”

Philly Frank's Steaks
Ranked #23 of 242 Restaurants in San Marcos
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Excellent for what it's supposed to be. At some point we will go back for another fix. Perfect East Coast Philly Cheese Steak on the right kind of bread just like a street fair, or local restaurant, back home. Of course this is not the most healthful meal, however, we do now know where to get one when the need arises. Hole in the wall greatness in a less than glamorous strip mall in San Marcos just off the 78. Added treat was a selection of ' Tastykakes ' , if you are in to sneaking a few of those too..

There are newer reviews for Philly Frank's Steaks

Reviewed June 13, 2012

You want a great sandwich. Go here, This is no Subway, Philly Frank's Steaks is a great sandwich shop with a menu guaranteed to satisfy your choosing. Whatever you order you will have a sandwich of Excellence.

I get that craving for a great sandwich, and it's Philly Frank's that wins hands down.

If you want fries, but not a big basket, order a half order.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Best philly cheese steaks I've ever had on the west coast. It's no surprise when you walk in the restaurant it feels like an East Coast hole in the wall joint. It is exactly what it is folks..a hidden gem with amazing sandwiches. Make sure to order some fries, and load up on some pickles. The service is pleasant, and this is the place to take the family for lunch. Trust me, this will satisfy your craving, Philly STYLE!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had been hearing about this place for years. how great it is and that I simply must check it out. Finally I was out that way and it was around lunch time so I gave it a try. It's only fair to say that I am a huge fan of the Oceanside Cheese steak grill. I go to that place about 2 times a month and always love it. I didn't expect this place to life up to that. but, it did come close. I was a bit bummed by the even higher prices for a simple sandwich fries coke. Its about 10 bucks even at Oside grill. and here at Frank's its even higher. closer to 13 bucks. But, everything tasted 'correct' and good.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

For eight dollars you can be transported back east with one of the best sandwiches you'll ever find around San Marcos. It's a little place near the 78 and you've probably driven by it a hundred times without notice. It's worth a stop and I assure you - once you go you'll return. I always have a chesse steak when I'm in PA visiting friends and these are incredible. They are so filling I usually don't order a side, but the fries, onion rings, and such look incredible. Go hungry. Eat in or take out. My husband and kids love it too. There's chicken and even a veggie , but the peppersteaks are so good, I don't want to try anything else! Enjoy!!