“CAUTION! This place could be addicting.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We scratch make everything on the premise from all natural ingredients. We specialize in unique bread varities from basil parmesan, wholesome 14-grain harvest to decadent chocolate zuchinni bread. For our lunch offerings, we use Boar's Head natural meats and local produce. We have a huge sample, so come on in and try a fresh slice of bread on the house.
slo life
“CAUTION! This place could be addicting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

CAUTION! This place could be addicting. Try their squaw, pumpkin, or cinnamon bread,...AWESOME!!! On occasion House of Bread will be handing out samples at our local Costco's, that's where I'll be, LOL!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank chewbac

Paso Robles, California, United States
“Best Cinnamon Rolls EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

These are the BEST cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted (and I have tasted a few). When you walk in you are surrounded by the different smells and you can walk right over and choose a sample from a daily variety of breads and rolls. For lunch you can't beat the Panini with turkey, artichoke hearts, and pesto. The varieties of breads provide something for everyone, and if you are visiting SLO you shouldn't leave town without stopping by. They are also conveniently located right across from the fwy onramp.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kathy B
San Luis Obispo, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Baking Classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you ever want to learn how to bake homemade bread, take Sheila's baking classes. I can now bake many loaves of bread. I also buy most of my flour from House of Bread. It's great.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank zzBon
San Luis Obispo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keeping with tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Thanks to my wonderful mother fresh baked bread was the norm in our house. House of Bread allows me to maintain this wholesome tradition. I love the nutty crunchiness of their Harvest Grain in the mornings with a little coconut spread. The squaw bread is excellent for sandwiches. House of Bread is one of my regular stops when I'm doing my shopping.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SloHappy9
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“House of Heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've lived in San Luis Obispo for 6 years now and the House of Bread was one of my first loves. I have to resist it every time I drive by! Their raspberry pinwheels are heavely, along with everything else they make. I love to get a sandwich there for lunch any time I can.

I love the way the House of Bread feels like a really legit bakery. They have these massive mixers, ovens and kneading boards and it just smells like flour. Everyone there is helpful and accommodating, not to mention the fatty free sample of whatever you want every time you walk in.

All in all, the House of Bread is just about my favorite location in all of San Luis Obispo and I'm sure it will be yours too!

• Visited January 2013