“Excellent food, good service”
Review of Tahoe Joe's

Tahoe Joe's
Ranked #21 of 315 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Although pricey, Tahoe Joe's food was excellent. Great taste and very large portions make it worth the cost. The "Joe's Steak" is cooked 22 hours and so isn't available in rare or medium rare, but it was still juicy, tender, and great. The chocolate cake dessert (the slide?) is fantastic and enough for 3 to share.
My only complaint would be that the food was warm and not hot. Be careful, many of the veggies were spicy, which I liked but small children might not.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Felt the food was just awful. Could not eat the steak. Can't see ever returning. Nothing to write about.

1  Thank slosoosie
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I visited over the Thanksgiving holiday. We has a party of 7 and they still sat us rather quickly. Compared to the one at home which always has a very long wait, we wouldn't have been able to do it if it was like that since we have twins that are 3. The food is always good and you must try the Railroad shrimp, my favorite! They also have dinner for two which is great for date night :)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

First time to dine at a Tahoe Joe's. The decor was inviting and the food was good. I ordered the Joe's 10oz. Sirloin steak. Good flavor and cooked to my liking. I will definitely dine again at a Tahoe Joe's.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were seated fast, food portions were huge. They "dress" your baked potatoes at tableside for you. Steaks and lobster were awesome and cooked perfectly. Staff was super friendly and atmosphere was nice. A bit pricey, but well worth it.